Author Topic: Which age?  (Read 1747 times)

Offline myth77

• Posting Member
Hello everyone, i am 14. I don't mean to sound like a idiot but i have a couple questions. My dad talked to a couple doctors and one doctor said no surgery and he will look into natural medication, the other doctor doesn't even want to speak about medicine or surgery. He said just where those compressing garments. Well i want to know what age do you all think i should be able to take medicine or surgery. Also i have another question, i read that working out your chest can make your moobs look worse. I want to know if pushups count aswell? Thank you in advance :].

DrBermant

Hello everyone, i am 14. I don't mean to sound like a idiot but i have a couple questions. My dad talked to a couple doctors and one doctor said no surgery and he will look into natural medication, the other doctor doesn't even want to speak about medicine or surgery. He said just where those compressing garments. Well i want to know what age do you all think i should be able to take medicine or surgery. Also i have another question, i read that working out your chest can make your moobs look worse. I want to know if pushups count aswell? Thank you in advance :].

How old before Gynecomastia Surgery is a common question. Gynecomastia frequently goes away on its own, being patient can be very valuable. However, what has not resolved by 2 years usually does not.  Waiting many years for nothing to happen makes little sense when an individual is stressed by the Emotion of Living with Gynecomastia.  You can see many examples here: Photos Before and After Surgery of Teenagers with Gynecomastia Gallery.

I work with many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia. Many complain that as they build muscle, what sits on top of the muscle gets pushed out further.

Body Shaping Compression Garments are an exceptional temporizing measure while waiting to see what happens.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Typically, it is worthwhile to wait 2 years to see if your gynecomastia will resolve on its own. I have, however, operated on boys as young as 12 years of age because of the severity of the case and the mental stress it was causing. It does not sound like this is your situation so I would remain optimistic as most gynecomastia does resolve.
Regarding working out. Yes it may make your chest somewhat bigger. Overall, it is a much better look. Pec major muscle development makes the chest appear more masculine.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline freefromG

• Bronze Member
working out does nothing to increase the gland, but it will increase the muscle and generally give more size and definition to the upper portion of your chest. I recently had the gland removed and with mucsle already underneath well two birds with one stone.
most people will not even notice the gland so much if you have a much higher muscle to gland ratio as opposed to no muscle with gland (if you are rather overweight the condition is much worse with the gland than muscle and gland alone will appear, been there done that)
plus keeping your body healthy and increasing the blood flow will give you a more positive mental outlook on all fascets of life.
you should really try and hold off surgery for as long as you can to ensure that future 'developmental' growth does not occur in your mid-late teens. you would rather not have to go thru the process again. cant see the use compression garments to supress a process that occurs due to your endocrine system but they will certainly flatten out aesthetically.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024