Author Topic: Has anybody else decided to also get stomach lipo at the last minute?  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
I'm 24 years old and weigh 180 pounds.  My stomach, like my chest, has always been impervious to working out.  I have a video of me at my 4th birthday party with a pot belly hanging out over my shorts.  For my surgery on Friday, I lost 15 pounds, and my gut didn't get any smaller.  At age 18, I got down to 170, and the gut persisted.  At 22, I got in the most incredible shape of my life, and the gut was still there.

Finally, on a whim, I decided to tack on stomach and love handle lipo to my gyne surgery.  I saw some before and after photos of guys like me who look GREAT after surgery.  It's cheaper this way too, because I'll pay the anesthesiologist fee and and hospital fee once, but I'll get two operations done.

DrBermant

I'm 24 years old and weigh 180 pounds.  My stomach, like my chest, has always been impervious to working out.  I have a video of me at my 4th birthday party with a pot belly hanging out over my shorts.  For my surgery on Friday, I lost 15 pounds, and my gut didn't get any smaller.  At age 18, I got down to 170, and the gut persisted.  At 22, I got in the most incredible shape of my life, and the gut was still there.

Finally, on a whim, I decided to tack on stomach and love handle lipo to my gyne surgery.  I saw some before and after photos of guys like me who look GREAT after surgery.  It's cheaper this way too, because I'll pay the anesthesiologist fee and and hospital fee once, but I'll get two operations done.

When weight loss is not the issue, Liposuction of Stomach and Love Handles can be added to a Gynecomastia Male Chest Sculpture.   However, such decisions are best ahead of time, not at the last minute.  I use a different After Surgery Compression Garment for the Chest Abdomen Combined.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, many men do opt to have additional lipo of their abdomen and love handles at the time of their gyne surgery.  I call this a Torsoplasty and have devoted a section on my website to discuss it: www.gynecomastiasurgery.com   It is becoming increasingly popular.

I do think, though, that you should do this at your absolutely lowest, stable weight -- and not everyone will qualify for this more extensive procedure.  It is certainly something that one might want to discuss with their gyne surgeon -- and it is better to do this in advance and not on a whim at the last moment prior to surgery -- there is much to know and understand about the procedure.  It does add more surgery, more anesthesia and more recuperative time to the procedure.  And, of course, there are risks (admittedly small) associated with any procedure that should be discussed as well.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024