Author Topic: Interesting article on plastics causing moobs, thoughts?  (Read 2663 times)

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
yup.  subject came up half a year or a year ago too.  i don't think it's the only culprit (i still suspect cattle industry hormones even more myself), but there are moves to ban some of these plastics.  you can get non bisphenyl plastic hiker bottles etc. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
A little known study from a University I've never heard of, In Ankara, Turkey; with no indication of peer review.

Junk proliferates fast on the internet. Lets just leave it at that.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
well, the peer review question is a good one, but i don't dismiss any academic study just because it occurs outside of my own country, which has its share of junk too.  and the bisphenyl issue has been out and around here too for at least a year and seems to be picking up attention, like i suggested, vendors like rei now make special efforts to certify their plastic drinkware to be free of the stuff.  it probably doesn't explain everything, but it sounds like one more factor.   

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are people in the business of making water filters, water bottles and other products that are making a really big deal out of the fact that some plastics can leach out estrogen-like compounds (and other undesirable things). In most cases, the plastics involved are not used as food or drinking water containers. Some of them may have been used for food and/or water at one time but not now used in that way.

It really makes no difference how old, out of date, or questionable the information is; if it makes the point they want to capitalize upon, they will use it.

Anyone would be foolish to ignore such claims, but if the claims are legitimate they should be supported by other unrelated studies. The studies cited should also include things like dates, the names of the researchers and their qualifications if they are to be given any credibility.

Science and numbers do not lie, but liars frequently cite numbers and/or science.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024