Author Topic: Questions  (Read 1710 times)

Offline calgary_guy

I first found this forum well about 3 years back at the age of 17 when if first really came to my attention that I wanted this “gynecomastia” gone from my body.

Anyways 2-3 years later I have been offered a spot August 31st to get my surgery done, but I feel that I have really not been given a chance to ask my questions and will not be able to before the surgery as the Doctor is out of town… should I go ahead with the surgery ?

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Did you not have a consultation with your doctor?  Have you ever seen your doctor?

This surgery isn't life threatening but you should feel comfortable with the person who's going to be operating on you.  This site will only do so much.  I would have a consultation with him, have a feel for what type of person he is. If you get a bad vibe from him, then maybe you should look elsewhere.  Ask for before and after pics.  Even post the name and location of your doctor on this site so guys who have used him in the past can give you some advice.  You've lived with it for this long, what's with a while longer? Plus, summer is more then half over.  If I had to do my surgery over again, I would have had it done in the colder months.  

Offline ItsOK

• Bronze Member
  • Glorp.
It's your money.  Be sure you get what you are paying for.  It seems obvious from your comments that you're not.  If your surgeon balks at reasonable requests, find someone else.

While the surgery may not be "life threatening", a poorly done procedure could put you in worse shape than you are now in terms of how your body looks.

Why take a chance?  Get comfortable before you go under the knife.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024