Author Topic: post surgery--puffyness returning  (Read 2013 times)

Offline ConeyNips

• Posting Member
I have noticed a great improvement in my chest once the doc removed (as he described it) 2 "powerball" size growths of gland from behind my aerola. im now about 25 days post op and there is definetely some "puff" coming back into my nipples, especially the one i've really been massaging.  I was wearing the ace bandage for 2 weeks and he told me it was safe to take it off and to massage it for the next 2 weeks.  it is not near as flat as right after the op this has started about 1 week ago.  I know its a healing process but know other people on here have had this problem.
Drawing from your own experiences/knowledge, what is the cause of this puffed look to return?  

is it likely to be scar tissue and temporary?

If i wear the ace bandage again is that actually going to help me permanently or would that simply be a delay?.

since the gland was excised and lipo'd what could be causing this??

Im starting to get very dissapointed...Thanks for all input

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Coney, I've had the same experience. I was flat after my op, but then about a week later it started to puff out again. It is now about 1.5 yrs later and I am still puffy (about 50-75% what it was pre-op).

It's hard to tell exactly why it is still puffy as I am not a doctor. But, post-op puffiness isn't uncommon as you'll find out by being on these boards.

How is the overall improvement? Do you have pics?

Offline ConeyNips

• Posting Member
i dont have a camera, unfortanely.  i would say over all my right side is 75% flatter and my left about 50%. i was one coneynipped sob tho. it certainly looks better. I guess its just frustrating to see it look so good immediately after surgery and then having the results fade away

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024