Author Topic: Got Surgery Today, So What Now???  (Read 3200 times)

Offline basics

• Posting Member
can anybody give me some good recovery tips?

and more importantly, can anyone tell me what NOT to do?

Offline basics

• Posting Member
he just said to take it easy, dont just lie around but dont do any strenuous activities

i was just wondering what has worked and not worked for some people

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
First of all, congratulations.  

Take it easy for the next few days.  Watch some movies, read, sleep.  The next few days should be like a vacation in your house.  If you start to feel some pain, don't stay on your feet.  Lie down, take the prescribed meds and feel good in knowing that you just got rid of your gyne.  Just take it easy.  You don't want to aggrevate anything.  

What not to do:  

No sports, going in the sun shirtless, keep the bandages on (compression is key).  I can't think of anything else.  

Offline basics

• Posting Member
thanks guys, great advice

what about driving?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

what about driving?

You should be okay to drive... Although, use caution when driving and taking painkillers. The painkillers may make you sleepy....

John.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 12:56:25 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline fromfar

• Posting Member
Minimize anything that might use ur chest muscle. My doc said one of the reason for fluid build up is because the skin is unable to stick to the muscle as there are lots of movement. Keep the bandage until ur doc ask to remove. Then use chest binder.
Take good Vit E and C. Vit E is good to avoid scar ( external and internal ) formation.
Sometimes if you r not use to sleep on ur back u might have back ache. I had this for several days and i just couldn't sleep soundly, until i used pillow below my leg. That really helps. Congrats, and hope everything goes on find for u.

Offline wolfpack24

• Posting Member
Thanks for the tips guys. I just had mine on Friday and Im still a little sore but its ok. I have a question about the garment. How tight does it need to be? Since I have taken it off and put it back on, I will never be able to get it as tight as the doc did when he first put it on. Is this ok? Theres definitly compression. Also, how long do I need to wear the garment? Thanks

Offline basics

• Posting Member
good question, i usually make mine really tight, but it's really uncomfortable when im eating and sleeping

im supposed to wear mine for four weeks, and then a few nights afterwards at nighttime

haha i hate it though, cant wait til i can take it off

also, cant wait to start working out again, im getting fat just lying around and eating

everything looks great so far, left nipple is a little larger than the right but i dont even care

im so glad i got this done, now as soon as im able to hit the gym i'll be able to work on the rest of me

Offline wolfpack24

• Posting Member
THank Basics.
How high up do you wear yours. IS the top touching your arm pits. Mines not that high up cause it starts to hurt when it rubs.  How long after until you dont experience any pain?
Thanks

Offline basics

• Posting Member
no mine sits below my armpits, and slightly above my stomach

i feel slight pain now, but only at certain times, especially when im particularly active

the vest is just annoying

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024