Author Topic: Great tip for hiding Gyne  (Read 5536 times)

Offline Hooty_McBoob

• Posting Member
Hey,

Just wanted to share a little tip for those of us with minor gyne and/or puffy nipples:

3M and Johnson/Johnson make a medical tape, it's white and about 1.5" wide. It's the kind used to tape on bandages etc.

Well, a small strip of this tape also works amazingly well at flattening out a puffy nipple. I apply one strip to my nipple, about 4-5 inches long. It flattens out the area, and stays put for 4-5 days, even in the shower!

Now it does itch, and if you rip it off it will leave a mark and possibly tear up your skin a little... so just make sure to wet it before taking it off, or heat it a little with a hairdryer.

I used to use 2 pieces per nipple, but it would cause one piece to come off in the shower. So now one piece is used.

Anyways, this has really changed my life (believe it or not) because now my chest looks "normal" to me underneath t-shirts, and regular shirts/sweaters.

Give it a try, you will be happy with the results!

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
I use to use that also until one day at gym class I forgot about it and took my shirt off to change into gym cloths and people  saw it. But yes, it does stay on for days upon days.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
Lol, that must of been embarassing vaio. What did people say?

Hopefully you were able to come up with a good cover story for why you had tape on your nipples.

Offline Spleen

A good cover  story is "because I have gynecomastia".  To me I think it's easier just dealing with the reality than dealing with the eventual blown cover.

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
Spleen,

No way man. You don't understand how people are, I made the mistake of telling a friend I had gynecomastia and now he's having a field day with it.

Gynecomastia doesn't seem as strange to people that have it as it does to others. We're used to it and it's not shocking to us. For other people we are like a freak show once they find out we actually have breasts.

NEVER ADMIT TO HAVING GYNECOMASTIA.

Offline Hooty_McBoob

• Posting Member
Here's a good one...

"My nipples are damn sensitive! So I just cover 'em up when I wear this type of shirt/sweater/whatever you're wearing."

You could joke that your lady friend/signifigant other plays with them too much, which has caused the problem... :)

But I understand, why would you need to hide the truth, right? I mean, this is a part of us, something that we are currently living with.

But I'll tell ya, people are cruel, so why endure their wrath when you can easily avoid it? It doesn't make me feel like any less of a person when I don't go around telling people that I have puffy nipples.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
I said I had my nipples pierced a week ago and they got infected.

Offline daytonasurf

• Bronze Member
Wow I was going to post this. I did it for a looooong time. Got that 1 inch cloth tape. Works WONDERS. Im on andractim now so I dont know if it will work too well, I dont want the andractim actually sticking to the tape and not my damn skin!

Offline masterofu

• Posting Member
Vaio: Did the same thing, I used to use duct tape, sucks taking it off but works really good. you have to be careful not to pull your nipple completely off!lol One day me and this girl were gettin hot and heavy-off came the shirt- :-[ It was probably the most awkward I have ever felt. She was like whats that? She was kinda grinning with a very curious look on her face? I was so embarrased I just put my shirt on faster that lightning and changed the subject REALLY fast. But its kinda funny now that I think about it. I was lucky that she was just a girl i met a few days earler and didn't know anybody I knew, so she couldnt tell anyone about it even if she wanted to. I never saw her again. Didnt want to-I am pretty sure it was mutual.lol Until I read your post, I would have thought i was the only person in the history of the world to put tape on their breast.lol this site is really great-people with a common problem supporting each other. Without this site i would have to keep all this sh** to myself. Cant wait till I get the surgery.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Until I read your post, I would have thought i was the only person in the history of the world to put tape on their breast.lol this site is really great-people with a common problem supporting each other. Without this site i would have to keep all this sh** to myself.

Well said Dude! ;) 8) ;)
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Tape can be effective, but it can have a dark side too.  I have seen several accounts of people who have scars as a result of using tape.  

Be Careful!
Grandpa Dan

Offline mustang26

• Bronze Member
Can someone tell me where they got this tape?  Also, can it be taken off before 3-4 days if someone wants to?  What if i just wanted to use it for a night or two?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
She was like whats that? She was kinda grinning with a very curious look on her face?

Yep, the 'Demonic' smirk. I've seen that a few times. :-/
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 07:06:38 PM by Bambu »

Offline Hooty_McBoob

• Posting Member
Can someone tell me where they got this tape?  Also, can it be taken off before 3-4 days if someone wants to?  What if i just wanted to use it for a night or two?

You can get it at Wal-Mart. It's Johnson and Johnson
"All Purpose Cloth Tape", 1".

And sure, you can take it off whenever you want - but it sticks on there so good that you need to take a few steps to get it off easily. One is to take a shower, and when the tape is totally soaked in water, slowly peel it off. There will be a sticky residue left over, but it will come off on its own.

Or, you can take a hair dryer and heat up the tape a little (of course, be careful not to burn yourself), and it will come off more easily.

Both of these methods serve to 'loosen' the glue holding the tape on.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024