Author Topic: Anyone out there with unilateral gyne?  (Read 2731 times)

Offline SOAD

• Posting Member
Unilateral gyne, with one chest vastly different in size to the other? I have had this since the age of 14. In the last six months it has gotten progressively worse. My right chest however has remained perfect - if my left chest was the same, it would be a good chest imo. In my opinion, because this is even rarer, it looks more bizarre. It has a weird lop-sided look to it. Weight training in recent months has 'pushed it out' further.

Anyone out there with this problem? I think it makes clothing harder in some ways, as the difference is there straight to see. On the other hand there is only one side to worry about. I find wearing something with a pocket on the left makes it a lot less obvious and just looks like the shirt's natural assymetry makes the difference.
19 Years old, unilateral gyne in left chest

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Hi I'm a one sider myself and I think there are positive and negatives compared to people who have it on both sides.

On the positive side I think people have the 'thats odd' factor when they notice it as opposed to the 'the guy has boobs ' that others seem to experrience esp when you have clothes on.I think as you have said it is slightly easier to concel , when I had a more obvious difference between the two sides I would carry a rucksack on the effected side and because my hand /strap was in the way  no one would notice.

There are a number of negatives. I was tormented by seeing my normal side each day and wishing both side were like this. Another possibly big negative is this . I have consulted two Plastic surgeons over this. They seem to be of the opinion that to correct it they woukl need to look at both sides even the unaffected side to make sure both side's 'match up'.That could mean a small scar on both but they couldn't be certain until I was on the operating table ???.

Because my gyne is now minor due to a reduction when I came off the med that caused it one surgeon was very reluctant to take the case on and in the end didn't think she could do much for me. And the other said i wouldn't notice much if he did do it but was prepared too.  I still have uneven nipples and it really bothers me. Although I would rather have it one side than both but that is just me.

With regard weight training my chest has evened out more from it  and in fact sticks out less but I can't do anything about the nipple .....

With your case my doctor says gyne just happens like that in some. If you haven't already I would let a doctor have a look esp if you think it might have got worse over a few months.    

DrBermant

Unilateral gyne, with one chest vastly different in size to the other? I have had this since the age of 14. In the last six months it has gotten progressively worse. My right chest however has remained perfect - if my left chest was the same, it would be a good chest imo. In my opinion, because this is even rarer, it looks more bizarre. It has a weird lop-sided look to it. Weight training in recent months has 'pushed it out' further.

Anyone out there with this problem? I think it makes clothing harder in some ways, as the difference is there straight to see. On the other hand there is only one side to worry about. I find wearing something with a pocket on the left makes it a lot less obvious and just looks like the shirt's natural assymetry makes the difference.

One sided surgery is the ultimate in trying to make perfection since it can be very demanding to make a surgical site look like no surgery has been performed. You can see typical swelling after my unilateral one sided surgery here. And here is another example of my one sided sculpture.

Recovery after surgery depends on the problem to be treated, surgical technique, skill of your surgeon, how you heal, and other factors best discussed with your surgeon.  This is surgical sculpture and tissues must be given a chance to heal.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Puff_daddy

• Bronze Member
what meds are known to cause gyne or prolong it?
Ripped With NIPS

Offline infinity123

• Posting Member
I had unilateral gyn for years. One potential advantage is that insurance companies might be more prone to cover surgery. I heard this from a couple of surgeons, and in fact my insurance company did cover it -- which is very rare, and quite possibly due to the unilateral nature. The surgeon did surgery on both breasts so he could do his best to get them even. --Good luck

DrBermant

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024