Author Topic: College  (Read 2033 times)

Offline digitalgangsta21

• Posting Member
There's no way I'm letting this ruin college. No way. I'm just curious; what did those of you do to survive? I usually wear two t-shirts...I'm just a little nervous about wearing all the extra clothes and showering and walking to the room without the shirt? I need advice and help. No way this is ruining any more of my fucking life.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
It might help if you posted pictures. It is hard to make suggestions or give feedback without really understanding the situation.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline keelo

• Bronze Member
I'm not going to college until my problem is fixed. I missed out on junior high and high school......but i'm not gonna let this destroy the rest of my life.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you are deferring college or anything else because of Gynecomastia; Then you actually have given in and now allowing it to have a major impact upon your life.

Some here use the various types of vests. Others use layered loose clothing. Whatever works for you is best for you. We are all a bit different so you'll need to find what you are most comfortable with.

An Endocrinologist can help identify whether or not your hormones are what they should be and get you on an apropriate treatment regimen if they are not what they should be.

A Psychologist can help you deal with the Depression and Self Image issues which are so common among those of us who have Gynecomastia.

When you get a green light from both of them, you may or may not consider surgery. (Which is in reality the only way to get rid of the condition)

Remember that the Gynecomastia is not what is keeping you from a full life, But your feelings about the Gynecomastia. The first thing you need to cope with the condition is to be completely honest with yourself.

Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i "survived" in the sense that i hid it successfully, but it killed any chance of sports and other things.  that is because i didn't know what it was or that it was operable.  i get the sense that by survive you just mean how to fix it, and the consensus is basically an op.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024