Author Topic: Would testroxin gel make my hair fall out?  (Read 2954 times)

Offline pe175

• Silver Member
For about 10 days I used testroxin topical gel on my nipples to try and fix the gyno.  Obviously it did nothing, but recenltly now my hair is looking much thinner.  I'm 20 years old so its not like I should be expecting this. Also there is no history of baldness in my family.

Should I go buy some rogaine?

Offline hypo

Can you clarify exactly what you took?

Offline hypo

Men who are predisposed to hair loss/male pattern baldness (genetic) may have increased hair loss if dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is increased.

It is not possible to suffer from male pattern balding by increasing DHT unless you also have the genetic disposition that allows for male pattern baldness.

So the questions are, are you predisposed to male pattern baldness and does this cocktail of ingredients result in increased levels of DHT?

The answer to the first question might be found by looking to the men in your family and seeing if they have lost their hair.  If they have, it is possible that you also have this genetic disposition.

As for that cocktail of ingredients and the question as to does it result in elevated DHT?

It might do it might not, I see ingredients in it that lower DHT so it is hard to know what the end result is.

One way to have found out would have been to have had hormone pathology whilst taking it, basically checking your DHT level and seeing how it was affected.

I think this is all somewhat redundant now though given the fact that you have discontinued its use.

I think it is a bad idea to self medicate and would recommend that you see an endocrinologist if you are interested in having your gynecomastia examined and treatment considered.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024