Author Topic: Acceptance - Better Boobs Than Dead  (Read 4602 times)

Offline Boomer

• Posting Member
Thanks, yeah just over 4 years of fighting them and the VA. Social Security just ponied up first. Yeah, we can now get our life back on track and start looking for a house again. Don't want to go into details just to say the last 6+ plus years have really sucked. Getting much better now. 

We want to do a small get away to a B&B for a night or 2 during 4th of July week. Just some down time for both of us together.

Time to get the brownies from the oven 

Boomer

hammer

Boomer, my brother in arms, I've been through the hard time too, although different circumstances then you, it is always good to see that light at the end of the tunnel,  the huge weight lifted off your chest, the chance to breathe at easy again, however you look at it, life just gets better,  no matter how bad it has been, or hard it is!

As I've said before, hold your head high, keep your glass half full, and don't let the bastards get you down  and oh yeah, stand tall!

Bob

Offline Boomer

• Posting Member
Exactly, but some days easier said than done. Working on it every day I can.

So, as you can see why some may be completely freaked out and I use humor to deal with it. Because as someone once told me, "I just don't have enough fucks left to give a shit about the small stuff".

Yes, things are looking good and I'm starting to deal with other issues too. It's a long hard road but I can see light at the end ... somewhere. So, why sweat the small shit along the way. There are a lot more major issues to deal with, for me at least.

Boomer

hammer

"I just don't have enough fucks left to give a shit about the small stuff".

That statement is well said and I totally get it! Debbie and I had a nice weekend camping then yesterday I'm in the VA with my right hand damn near unusable!

I was recently diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy in my arms and hands, I've had osteoarthritis in my hands for years, but my right hand ended up with unusual swelling and stiffness way beyond what it ever has been so I made an appointment with my primary. I had x-rays but haven't heard anything yet, got some pain meds and a cream to rub on that and he thinks it's "just " the arthritis but it hurts like hell!

I really hate it when people say "it's just arthritis" I have it in my back, and I've had 3 back surgeries, had it in the knees and both have been replaced and many of my other joints and I'm here to tell you that it sucks!

That's why I say, hold your head high and keep the glass half full, because I try and do that every day! I also try not to let all the crap get my down either, if we do then we loose, but I'm a winner and I'm going to come out on top come hell or high water or arthritis or neuropathy!

I guess I could add boobs too, couldn't I? They really don't mean shit to me at all anymore!

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
Well said my brothers! We all have so much more to be concerned about and thankful for, such as a good woman who loves us in spite of us. There are a lot more items I could add to the list but you get the point. Besides...God never stops loving and caring for us. Be well! (Zei gezundt)

hammer

You're right, my wonderful wife of 30 years this year come August, and a fantastic God and a Savior Jesus Christ, whom without my faith, and family I would have nothing! 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024