Author Topic: Wingman's Surgery w/Levick, Pictures Pre, Post and Of Surgery - One year later  (Read 43232 times)

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
Looking nice and flat mate! Don't worry about the concave side, I had exactly the same on my LHS. It's where the bandages were, I think mine was a bit too low on one side. I have a lump of scar tissue which is still giving a similar effect, but it's a lot better than it was a week post. :)

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Thanks Darkstar. I've had another read through your post and can see what you mean, yours was looking much better in the second set of photos.

How are you finding mobility now? Completely back to normal?

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
You must be a) relieved b) pleased as punch to uncover those results mate, looking great I have to say, now start trying tee shirts on n stuff, you've earned it my friend :)

I usually rocked a large due to the gyne, not anymore, nice tightish mediums for me from now on.  Plus I'm in pretty much no shape at all, but still look a million times better with no gyne, didn't realise how heavy my whole chest area was, with the fat and all. Happy Days mate, nice one.

Offline adamj

• Silver Member
Wow mate, looking awesome! Flat as a pancake, and it looks like you haven't even had surgery the way it has healed already! Looks like you got the bloody compression vest we all know and hate, yep - it's tight! That side profile is awesome, great results.

Plus I'm in pretty much no shape at all, but still look a million times better with no gyne, didn't realise how heavy my whole chest area was, with the fat and all.

Yeh, crazy how much better you look and feel in the mirror without those two thing little bumps under your shirt isn't it.

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Wow mate, looking awesome! Flat as a pancake, and it looks like you haven't even had surgery the way it has healed already! Looks like you got the bloody compression vest we all know and hate, yep - it's tight! That side profile is awesome, great results.

Thanks Adam, appreciated! I am loving the term "flat as a pancake"! My incisions are less severe than I could have ever anticipated. Dr Levick is simply an artist. I've took some photos to highlight this below, please accept my sincere apologies for the jungle, and for anyone who doesn't want to see the incisions!  :-\

You must be a) relieved b) pleased as punch to uncover those results mate, looking great I have to say, now start trying tee shirts on n stuff, you've earned it my friend :)

I usually rocked a large due to the gyne, not anymore, nice tightish mediums for me from now on.  Plus I'm in pretty much no shape at all, but still look a million times better with no gyne, didn't realise how heavy my whole chest area was, with the fat and all. Happy Days mate, nice one.

It's almost as if I've been given a totally new wardrobe, as I'm not scared to wear anything anymore. I'd be willing to bet others feel exactly the same. It really is crazy how much difference it has made - the physical changes are obvious but my mental attitude has completely altered as well.

I was anxious taking the bandages off, Nipper, truth be told. As I mentioned, I had feelings the whole thing wouldn't work at all. Thanks for your support :)

Now onto a wee update and some pictures.

Day 7 Post Op - Back to work

I'm an office dweller so coming back to work is not the most challenging of undertakings but still proved somewhat uneasy. With the compression vest on, I felt a little restricted for some of the day, and on occasion had to fiddle with the vest to make it more comfortable. It doesn't restrict breathing or play on my mind for very long, just a sense of "knowing" that it is on me.

Luck would have it I'm the one who has to be at the door when 40 bags of sugar are delivered. Luckily the courier managed to wheel it into the office for me, so I managed to move them to where they needed to go by myself. I was lifting and didn't feel anything on my chest, which was a relief.

Mobility is getting much better, as always, as the days roll on, and I'm managing to stretch higher all the time. Stretching out is fine, never really had a problem with that. Still feel the "pull" when I try and put my jacket on, but again, this is improving with time.

I'm still struggling to get the stickyness off my body, I've washed twice and tried scrubbing with different chemicals. Advice welcome.  

Sorry for being a bit picture heavy, friends and family are also tracking this thread so it makes it easier for me to show them, too.

Most importantly though, is that the pictures are here to help gyne sufferers make a decision.

Loving this profile now...

Oh, and one I found which I posted when I first joined this forum;

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
Amazing comparison between the pre and post, mate. At your stage I was not looking at the chest, I just thought as long as the profile in clothes is good, it will be an improvement. The look without clothes will come in time. :)

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Hey darkstar, when do you advise I will be able to start sleeping on my side again? Will it take weeks/months? Levick never mentioned anything.

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Great results. Get out there and enjoy your new chest, it's so flat. Pretty impressive. I've got a consultation with levick at the end of the month  :) based on your results I know I've made a good step in the right direction.
Gyno free :)

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
Hey darkstar, when do you advise I will be able to start sleeping on my side again? Will it take weeks/months? Levick never mentioned anything.
After about 15 days you will be fine to lie on your side, probably even before if you want, I started to wake up on my side after about 12 days and felt no pain. Just experiment and listen to how your body reacts.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Ha, 40 bags of sugar!  For all the tea you office wallers are drinking no doubt ;) Where's the bruising at? Guess Levick is more sympathetic.  Results are looking great mate, nice and flush looking from the side and from the top, you can't even tell a thing.  Wholeheartedly agree about the "new wardrobe" syndrome, there's been garments in mine for ages,. had em all on now, several times.  Been clothes shopping too which was an absolute blast, people don't know they're born, do they? 

So pleased for you fella, taking the dressing off after a week is enough to test anyone's mettle.

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Ha, 40 bags of sugar!  For all the tea you office wallers are drinking no doubt ;) Where's the bruising at? Guess Levick is more sympathetic.  Results are looking great mate, nice and flush looking from the side and from the top, you can't even tell a thing.  Wholeheartedly agree about the "new wardrobe" syndrome, there's been garments in mine for ages,. had em all on now, several times.  Been clothes shopping too which was an absolute blast, people don't know they're born, do they? 

So pleased for you fella, taking the dressing off after a week is enough to test anyone's mettle.

I'd love to try and convince you that the 40 bags is justifiable for the size of the office... but it's not. We've got some sugar loving people in there! For the record, I don't take sugar with anything :)

Bruising is subsiding at Day 9 Post Op. It's exactly where the gland was previously, my body does bruise easily. For example, where the cannula was in my hand for the GA, there's still a bruise there. It's been out 8 days now.

New wardrobe syndrome. Love that phrase. I've been clothes shopping too, ha, feels like the first time I've been able to in my life.

Other than the being gyne free, actually going through with this has made me feel completely different in myself. I'm more confident in more ways than just my appearance now. 

Offline Gammy

• Bronze Member
Noticed any scar tissue yet mate? Amazing result by the way!

Offline jmdc

• Posting Member
Great result Wingman! I've been following ur posts for the last few weeks. I've got a consultation with Dr Levick tomorrow!

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
@Ham - yeah, there's scar tissue forming now and I need to look into what to do about it. Currently it's not a major concern as the bruising is worrying me more, but I won't neglect the scar tissue. I've heard massaging with oils help?

@jmdc - thanks man, and good luck for tomorrow, though you won't need it! Levick will make you feel comfortable straight off the bat. Let us know how you get on!

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
I've heard Bio Oil is good for massaging stage, looking nice and flat mate

Got a consultation with Karadis 15th Oct, i had a random bad nights sleep last night worrying about if he will be able to help me, do they ever turn around and say they can't do anything for anyone? I'll tell you the part on his website that i got in my head... 'Only a consultation will be able to determine if you are an acceptable candidate for a combined liposuction/gland removal procedure.'

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024