Author Topic: Wingman's Surgery w/Levick, Pictures Pre, Post and Of Surgery - One year later  (Read 43240 times)

Offline adamj

• Silver Member
No, if you have a problem and it bothers you he will help you. My case wasn't as devastating as some of the others I've seen on here, so I was worrying a bit too, but yeh he confirmed I had gland on first look and said he would 100% be able to fix it.

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Yea thats what i thought, just a weird thought i had that after reading all the boards about people having the op done the last few months i was worried that i was getting my hopes up with the chance that he may not be able to do anything for me

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
If you have it mate, then surely he'll sort it for you?  Is it that you only have a slight case?  Regarding massaging - I have tried lately, probably a bit heavy handed at first.  My god did it hurt/feel weird I am using Bio Oil as it smells lovely and seems to go further than normal baby oil.

I had my lady friend massage me a couple of times, it was far better than my ham fisted attempts, so I think real gentle is the way to go.  Almost as if you cant feel it, because most of the time, you can't.  I think I was being firmer , to see how tender I was.  Anyway, when she did it, it was great ;) 

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
I have a reasonable case imo, i think things feel worse when they directly affect you so i wouldn't say it was a bad case until i can ask him for his opinion, its more like confusion about the skin type thing, i don't think i have a very good skin type, so i dont know what effect that has

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Skin type?  As in Fitzpatrick scale skin type or your skin's condition?

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
If you don't mind, just post a few details, maybe one pic and a brief history.   Mate, I had a minor case, no one noticed it really.  But I was also told from another surgeon not to worry about it (in not so many words) wtf?   Believe me mate, I was worried my skin wouldn't look right, and it doesn't , well not yet anyway.  All part of the healing.   

That's just your mind playing tricks I reckon, trying to talk you out of it.  It happened a lot to me, I was always wrestling with the notion to get it done, but then some crazy excuse from nowhere came into my mind.  It's a massive undertaking, bigger than I ever imagined it would be, but even 3 weeks post op.  Wouldn't go back to that miserable state of affairs for all the tea in China.

Just got up not long ago, took the vest off, sat here with my top off writing this, could never have done that before, I would always stare down at my chest and feel like shit.. Not anymore, feel like a normal person, which is actually pretty fu cking sweet :)

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Indeed, if you feel you've got an issue here the surgeon will likelt agree and do the best he can to help you. There's no need to think you can't sort this out, because you certainly can!

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Day 11 Post Op

Things are definitely changing with my body. My mobility is now very good, I am able to raise my arms above me so that my elbow is straight, however I cannot stretch up without it hurting.

I have developed a lovely rash from the detergent I washed the vest in, I've washed it again with just water to try and rinse it out and it seems to be getting better. I think it's something I am just going to have to live with until I can get the vest off completely.

Scar tissue is forming, good and proper. I was massaging it gently last night and it was hurting quite a bit, so I stopped after five minutes as I don't want to upset the healing.

The surgery and healing is a roller coaster ride, I've been miserable for most of the day due to the rash. It's the first time I've felt "down" since I revealed my new chest, which isn't fair on myself really. I'm just itchy all the time!

Anyway, some pictures;

You guys know I am a little picture extravagant!

There's some creasing under both my pecs and the nipple is "sitting" underneath them. I've seen this happen before on the forum with other members, I'm hoping once the swelling has gone down and my chest settles it will "fix" itself.

I'm staying positive. I am so grateful for being the "other side" now, but rather frustrated as there's nothing I can do to speed up the healing process except allow time to take over. I'm very irritable at the moment due to the rash, but the bruising on my chest has almost gone, so that's a plus.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
I got a little bit of a rash too mate, nowt like yours though.  But I used Canestan cream on it as it would more than likely be something fungal due to the heat/sweat but yours doesn't look comfortable, had you used that detergent before?   I just use the same Tesco non bio gel I use for everything else.  Bit of swelling on the right I can see but looking good mate, my right is puffy but my left is the more swollen, go figure ;)

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
I got a little bit of a rash too mate, nowt like yours though.  But I used Canestan cream on it as it would more than likely be something fungal due to the heat/sweat but yours doesn't look comfortable, had you used that detergent before?   I just use the same Tesco non bio gel I use for everything else.  Bit of swelling on the right I can see but looking good mate, my right is puffy but my left is the more swollen, go figure ;)

I've not changed my detergent so I can't explain this one, but I'm just washing it in hot water at the moment. I can live with that.

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Day 15 Post Op

The rash has now gone down quite a bit from before, it is no longer itchy and improves on a day to day basis. Once I no longer have to wear the compression vest 24/7(after 26th October) I think it will clear up in a short while.

I'll let the pictures below do the talking, some taken on my iPhone, and some better quality shots on my fathers DSLR.

As can be seen there's still some bruising and swelling. I still have the issue that when I tense my pectoral muscles my nipples are creasing under them. Has anyone else experienced this with their surgery?

I am now massaging with bio oil, and it's quite uncomfortable and in some places still tender. Should this be a concern for me, 15 days post op?

I haven't contacted Dr Levick yet either. Does anyone have his wife's e-mail address they could PM me?

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Yes mate, I started massage 15 days post Op too, was well tender, made me grimace a bit, I tell you! ;)  But it was good to be able to feel my chest and suss out which bits were the most swollen etc.  Have been massaging for about 12 days or so now, twice daily. Much much better now, totally bearable, but still lots of swollen and tender/numb places..you just get accustomed to them.  Underneath the nipples being the weirdest still, they feel dry and alien, like they aren't yours and if you press them too hard...well you'll find out ;) 

Offline Gammy

• Bronze Member
@Wingman - just use the email address on Levick's Website, the info@ one. You'll get a reply from there.

Offline adamj

• Silver Member
what happens if you press too hard? Sick comparison shot wingman, awesome stuff. Look's like Levick's style isn't quite as violent from your healing.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024