Author Topic: I feel great each day passing post op!!!  (Read 3981 times)

Offline flex1appeal

Well, I just love the fact that yesterday for the first time I was able to wear a very tight elastic shirt and not feel self conscious. I had girls telling me how great my body looked in that shirt. I haven't heard that in nearly 10 years. I feel free. I still have swelling but it is winter and I don't need to be shirtless yet. But I haven't an ounce of puffiness or signs of gyno ever existed. Unless you count the scars and indents which are minimal. I think that is a small price to pay. I know by summer, I'll be in Hawaii at the beach and on the prowl for some attention from the honeys! YEPPIE! By the way, I took my vest off 2 weeks early cause I think it served it's purpose as far as it can. I am healing without it and the range of motion is 100% back almsot 5 weeks later. I have been lifting a week now and can train pretty hard no problems. Very minor swelling left but I still will wait a bit to post more pics. I just want to wait until I look at my best. I have taken pics every week so I will show the progression as it happened once I do post up. Keep you guys posted in a few weeks. But just wanted to shout out how great it feels finally. Most money I've ever spent on 1 thing and I don't regret a penny of it!

flex

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
... Most money I've ever spent on 1 thing...

flex

You must not be married.  ::)
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline flex1appeal

LOL...no I am not. Single. But, after reviewing that last message I wrote, I take it back. I spent $8k in november buying out my ex off of my house. I put her on the title like a dumbass thinking we'd be forever. But that didn't happen. So now I am $8k broker and single again. Never been married. Otherwise, it probably would have costed me more than $8k to get rid of her. LOL

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
hey flex, who was your surgeon, and what kinda procedure you got done, just curious coz im goin under the knife pretty soon does it hurt when the actual surgery is being performed, and how does it feel after you wake up, congrats on ur success man. peace

Offline flex1appeal

reaper33, My surgeon was Dr Landon Perry of Dallas and he was great. I had lipo done first surgery and had to go back for a revision. I had gland excision and lipo done second time. That fixed my problem. I didn't feel anything during surgery as I was put under while it was being done. I was sore when I woke up but no pain. I felt like I just came back from the gym on a hard workout. Felt like that for a week or so.

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
  • make the most of what you have got
Well, I just love the fact that yesterday for the first time I was able to wear a very tight elastic shirt
  Wow it must be great feeling....Congrats!!!

Hey by the discussion here i guess Liposuction + Gland Excision is the right way to go, Please guide me as to which procedure to opt for, I'm going for consultation with my surgeon on friday 5th Jan'07. So wud like as much input as possible, Also Tell me what questions shud i ask and what shud i expect from the meeting.

Rgds,
hungry.tides
Surgery Date: 25th June 2007
Lipo + Excision (<100% removal around nipple)
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Ananteshwar, Manipal, Bangalore
pre & post pics link:
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/hungrytides/
Know more @ :
http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/index.html

Offline musicman

• Posting Member
Hey flex after reading your post I can wait for my surgery to happen. Seems like you lift weights, I have been lifting for about 7 years now and keep a clean diet, cant wait to see my chest after the surgery, cant wait to show them off to the honeys. How soon after can I start lifting again? Just worried because I workout about 6 days a week twice a day, cant go without exercise for a month. Take care everyone and happy new year.

Offline musicman

• Posting Member
correction cant wait. sorry

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
How soon after can I start lifting again? Just worried because I workout about 6 days a week twice a day, cant go without exercise for a month.

The norm is 3 weeks off before lifting again. You 'may' get by with waiting just 2 weeks but why take the chance....

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline flex1appeal

Yeah, about 3 weeks is right. I started lightly at about 2.5 weeks but was into it hard after 3.5 weeks. Just listen to your body. It'll tell you when it's ready to train.

Musicman, I have been lifting religiously since I was 16. I am about to turn 35 in 2 weeks. I use to compete in bodybuilding.

Hungry.tides, gland excision and lipo are the only way to go. Do not get just lipo. Insist on both. Your PS may tell you that lipo is all you need but tell him you want excision too. You'll end up back on the table otherwise.

flex

Offline musicman

• Posting Member
Awesome pics bro, thanks for sharing. What happens to the extra skin, it does not just stay loose? Your's looks very good, like you never had gyno.

Offline flex1appeal

Thanks for saying so Musicman. I'll always know I had gyno though. Though to most, it may look as though I never had it, I know my chest looks no where near what it looked like before I got gyne. Though it does look 95% better now I must say. My doc did a great job though it took 2 tries. I feel pretty lucky cause I hear of a lot of fellas going thru more than 2 and still aren't satisfied.

As for the skin, luckily I was very muscular before and not very fat. Plus I did not have gyne longer than 7 years. All those factors combined with my age (34) probably helped it retract easier. I thought I'd have more lose skin than I do but I healeed nicely so far. I do have a tiny bit of skin wrinkles still but my doctor says it should go away over the next year. Plus I am training hard to fill in the gap with muscle again. I may return 1 more time to the stage. My motivation this time is to fill in the skin with muscle. Training as though I will compete makes me work harder to acheive that goal.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024