Author Topic: Bras  (Read 27427 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Gynoboy29

You did indeed say most, not all.

Some people  who post here did not know what gynecomastia was last week and are relieved to learn that they are not alone.

Some, like myself, are older people who have had gynecomastia for almost 60 years.

We also have a full span of everything in between.

Each of us can tell his own story about a lifetime of teasing and torment.

We come here to share one another's burdens or perhaps looking for a refuge.

Critical commentary is a bit out of place here.
Grandpa Dan

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Even after looking at the most severe cases of gyne, I can't understand how anyone would benefit from wearing a bra.  Like paa said, traditional bras accent the breast. Maybe a sports bra, did you mean sports bra jasonberker? And what would you consider a "special occasion"?

Offline hypo

gynoboy29,

People were not ridiculing jasonberker for his gynecomastia- they just weren't.

Granted the sensitivity from many wasn't the best, but then again you have to understand that given the amount of trolling, where people are coming here for kicks or to make fun of this very condition in mentioning bras- you have to understand if not agree with the response.  I understood why the comments were made but didn't agree with them either, hence my own comments.

Of course people could have been a lot more sensitive I agree, but steaming in and calling most people JERKS and in caps like you are shouting indiscriminately does not help matters.

I think you meant well, if fact now I’ve calmed down I don't doubt it for a minute.

But if you are going to insult someone, make sure that the insult is specific, don't cast the net so wide next time and don't suggest that maybe that you are the only person who has faced torment regarding this condition as I can assure you, you are not.

Your intentions are honorable and you clearly want to "do right" but my word you need to temper that enthusiasm, remember there is more than one way to skin a cat.  

I agree with everything that was subsequently said by Paa Paa and Cj71.

Offline Dragon

Jason,
If you have not noticed, each time that you have posted your pictures or made a common on
this site, someone has always had some sarcasm remark.  If they had the breasts that you have at such a young each, they would not be so quick to judge.  For whatever reason you decide to wear a bra is your own business.  Although I am three times your age and not as large as you are (yet), at times I must wear my bra for back support and bounce control. I have what God has intended for me to have. My friends and family respect and except me for who I am. Be encouraged to know that you are not alone with your struggles. You have my support any time.  Keep it real!

Offline TerriBreasts

• TG in closet with breasts growing
I have found a sport bra to support, compress in a comfortable fashion and will go undected under a tee shirt and loose fitting shirt. My breasts have stopped hurting from internal bruising since wearing a sport bra. They can be found in any discount department store, online (i.e Addias) where no contact with a sales prson is necessary. Also, dont let those who are having difficulty living with breats and looking for reduction methods intimidate you on this web site.
Hopefully people with any questions will be treated with respect in the future.
good luck.
TerriTG

Gine2D

Jason;

I do not know you size but I have read that "C" & larger guys sometimes sleep in a tight noline underwire bras to hold the breasts in place if they tend to get under the armpit while sleeping on the side.  

They say it prevents the pain when turning over on sensitive breasts.

If mine get larger I my try sleeping in one.  Mine are still firm & have very little sag.

Good luck,

G

Offline ELY_M

• Posting Member
  • my breasts are gone!
I have to wear sport bras all of the time even to bed.    

my breasts are so huge :(    

I need to lose 50 lbs then have surgery to remove them.  

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you are truly large enough that you feel the need of a bra 24/7,  it would be better to use the sport bra only when out and about and us a lighter and looser leisure or sleep bra at home.  The tight sport bra can restrict the flow of lymph in the axillary nodes and cause circulatory problems when worn 24/7,  and either can lead to serious breast problems. The same is true of any other type of binder.  Obviously for someone who is post-op, do as your Dr. advises.

Offline Cuttin Headz

• Silver Member
  • The Person Formerly Known As Bubby_the_Tour_ G
my dad at his office has LOADS of Ace bandage, next time i go ima get that, then during the first weeks of summer, ima buy my Underworks 997, then 3 years from now ima get surgery, but i do have a high BMI even though i lift Loads of weights in the weight room every day. does every PS require weight loss for titt removal?
Fatal Flying Guillotine providing free surgery for people with Gynecomastia, just ask Dr. Ti Tu Fat

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
No, they do not all require that your weight be fairly normal.  But I think it is fair to say that the most successful surgeons do require it.

Duh!

Has anyone else noticed that the person who started this thread had only 2 posts. and has not responded to comments on his own thread?

I also notice that the subject of "Bras" always gets a lot of readers even though most of us couldn't fill a common sized Bra. And of those who could fill one, a very small number would actually wear one.  (Or admit to it)

Offline zjab58

• Gold Member
  • Edging dangerously close to sanity.
Paa_paw:  If I was Jason I wouldn't have even come back to the site after those first few posts. I can't blame him. Those are also the guys that would make guys not admit to wearing a bra instead of being open and honest like you should be able to do in an anonymous forum.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I will have to agree that he may have been run off by the first few responses.

If a person needs a bra for physical comfort, wear one.

Please note my original response to this thread on Jan 7 and the responses by headheldhigh and hypo which follow it.

While the first 11 responses were not very kind, I think we all are guilty of a blunder now and then. Eventually cooler heads prevail.

Offline DD gorilla

• Posting Member
good answer paw paw because my doctor instructed me to get one due to my size and pain of bouncing breast sore nipples and pain when mashed or compressed

Offline DD gorilla

• Posting Member
sorry paa_paw fingers got to fast

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I feel fortunate that my breasts are not large enough to warrant a bra. My measurements would indicate a 46 A. I note you are in your late 50's, I am 67.  The surgery these younger guys claim to need so desperately was not even available when we were their ages.  We had no choice but to learn to cope with what we had.

There is no question in my mind but that Gynecomastia became more of an issue when it became the source of income for a lot of people.

The teasing and torment of the boys has not changed over the years since I was young.  

Instead of surgery for gynecomastia, I sometimes think we should cut the vocal cords out of the teasers.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024