Author Topic: Gyno and Weed - cause, cure?  (Read 4694 times)

Offline gynosufferer101

Hi All,

Hows it going? First post and im curious about my gyno.

Im quite sure I have it, I have puffy nipples when they are not errect, and it is not just the nipples - a small ammount of skin sticks out behind the nipples to. Behind the nipple is a gland, must be the size of a cherry or strawberry and it kinda wraps around towards my arm pit. Feels like a hard.. I dunno peice of rubber? behind my nipple that I can grab then I dont flex my chest. 

Im 22yrs old, and about 6ft. Quite lean, close to no fat and I have been working out semi seriously for the last few years doing alot of bench and pushups - flat and incline. So i have developed muscle above my gyno and it doesnt look too bad. I think the gyno makes my chest look even better when the nipples are erect because it increases the size of my chest. The big problem is when I am wearing t-shirts/light clothing and my nipples are not erect they are CLEARLY visiple, look like to lumps s
ticking out from my chest - very iritating and causes me alot of self concious issues, clothing issues and obviously shirt taking off issues.

I have noticed I had gyno from around the age of 15 or 16. I was quite chubby and short back then so I assumed it was jsut fat. I started smoking weed when I was around 15, started occsaionaly once every week or 2 then more and more until I got to about 18 and I was smoking 5 days per week. I didnt start going through puberty until I was about 16 and at 22 I think I have just gone through it. Through puberty I slimmed out and grew taller.

I am thinking that my smoking weed throgh puberty may have been the cause of my gyno. I have now quit weed (basically) - only 1 smoke in the last 8 weeks. I know this is just a start but I was wondering if anybody has heard of any cases like mine when people have quit smoking and the gyno has reduced/cleared? I dont think it has gotten any worse in the last few years - possibly even better due to my weight training. Thus I am not to concerned about it getting worse, but I am just very iritated by it. I want to know wether or not I need to start preping for surgery - a fu*kin hastle and $$ waster but I really want my chest to look nice and I figure I may aswel stick it on the credit card and do it when Im younger to get the most benifit out of it - I have a good job etc, 1 year out of uni and I have no concerns about the debt but I am kinda embarissed about it and wouldnt want many/any of my friends knowing that I had the surgery, thus I would probably take a 2-3 week holiday and get it done then. If that is the case, I will start planning to have it in a year or so.

I gues what Im asking is:

a) Has anybody heard about someone in my situation having their gyno clear?
b) How long should I quit weed for to make sure that I have given the gyno a chance to go away?
c) Will smoking once a month or at any other irregular interval have any effect on its chances of going away?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. - my nipples look alot like this guys http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,11789.0.html
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 04:25:48 AM by gynosufferer101 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024