Author Topic: really worried  (Read 2313 times)

Offline gobstopper

im now almost 17 years old, and has had gynecomastia for 3-4 years now and cant stand having this. My dad never had it and im just wondering, they say 90 % of the cases just go away, when is the estimated time it is supposed to go away?

Offline Yoshi

• Bronze Member
1-3 years, or after puberty. Try getting your hormone levels checked by an endocrinologist or your doctor.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 03:00:27 PM by Yoshi »

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
90 percent of cases go away? IMO, that number is GREATLY over exagerated. Maybe like 50 percent go away.
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline SPECIMEN040180

• Posting Member
my father said he developed gyno   at middle age , my brother who never had it and who was very atletic, now has man boobs due  to being overweight,  ive had it all my life, when i was overweight, when i was underweight ,and on the right weight so....
so i dunno if my family history has to do with it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 03:20:40 PM by SPECIMEN040180 »

Offline ItsOK

• Bronze Member
  • Glorp.
90 percent of cases go away? IMO, that number is GREATLY over exagerated. Maybe like 50 percent go away.
And your source is . . . what?

People for whom it went away are not posting on this board.  90% is a generally-accepted number by the medical community.  I doubt you have better data.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
I agree with nargle1. That 90% has always confused me. You see a lot of guys with gyne. To tell you the truth 50% sounds much more likely to me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024