Author Topic: 6 weeks post op... Not sure what to think (pictures)  (Read 5275 times)

Offline Lanstan

• Posting Member
So I had the surgery mid July. It looked amazing the first week after. Since then, I've had what i was told at my follow up is scar tissue. I've been massaging it for 10 minutes 3x a day for two weeks and ive been applying mederma and some of it keeps breaking up each time. 

I'm just unhappy with how my chest currently looks. One week after and my nipples were flat. Now they're puffy again. I wore compression for a full 6 weeks.

Will the scar tissue go away? My surgeon seems to think so but he said he won't use kenalog to get rid of it. I trust him but I just don't like how it looks right now!

Offline Lanstan

• Posting Member
Also I should mention he said 6 weeks is when the scar tissue will peak and it should start to go down after (I'm currently at 6 weeks).  He acknowledged that the left side has a larger build up of scar tissu as well.

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
Your nipples look a little pointy. My nipples are still there, like they're erect so they stick out, but they aren't pointy anymore. Before surgery, the nipple aureola and the breast tissue all looked pointy, so it was hard to hide it even though my case was mild/moderate.

I'm about a month longer in the healing stage though, I had my surgery in June.

When looking at your pics straight on, it looks OK. Actually, it's only in the third pic where the nipple and aureola look pointy, but maybe that's the angle.

Offline Lanstan

• Posting Member
Your nipples look a little pointy. My nipples are still there, like they're erect so they stick out, but they aren't pointy anymore. Before surgery, the nipple aureola and the breast tissue all looked pointy, so it was hard to hide it even though my case was mild/moderate.

I'm about a month longer in the healing stage though, I had my surgery in June.

When looking at your pics straight on, it looks OK. Actually, it's only in the third pic where the nipple and aureola look pointy, but maybe that's the angle.

That isnt why I made this thread. I was asking if the final product will be as flat and normal as my surgeon thinks and if the build up of scar tissue will go away and it'll look as good as it did 1 week after.

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
Ive read plenty of treads thats says what ever the result is after the surgery is what you should expect later. Im 7 months post op with scar tissue.I just went for kenelog injections two weeks ago to speed up the process. I think its to early to judge right now because that stuff is very stubborn it takes months.

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
That isnt why I made this thread. I was asking if the final product will be as flat and normal as my surgeon thinks and if the build up of scar tissue will go away and it'll look as good as it did 1 week after.

Has there been any change, Lanstan?

cduub, where was your scar tissue? I think I might be getting some myself where the incision was made. Some days I can see it and feel it, and some days I can only feel it when I press down.

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
My scar tissue is right behind the areola where the surgery was done. The injections help just alittle, my surgeon said I could possibly need 1 or 2 more sessions. I have an appointment next week. I would post pics but every time I try as an attachment it wont take the file :(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024