Author Topic: Surgey with Dr. Fielding Worry  (Read 3411 times)

Offline m9taylor

• Posting Member
Hi all,

I am having my surgery on March 12th with Dr. Fielding in Toronto West. After reading a lot of posts on this site about Dr. Fielding, it seems as though a lot of people have complained about requiring revisions, or having left over gland, or having the surgery not even work.

Maybe it's because it's a lot of money, but I'm worried I'm going to go through all of this and not even get the results I'm paying for.

If any of you guys can calm my worries or perhaps inflame them more so, please do so- I'll really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot,

- Frustrated Mike -

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hi:

I am one of those who had a revision done and still not there yet. It's too early to tell after revision but I can tell you that, I am much much better than before. It's not that he has all failed result. But there are some happy campers too. So it's all depends upon the body fat/gland you have. I can feel that there is nothing (no fat/gland) underneeth. But due to my large size on first place, I have lots of skin to be shrink. And that get me a "feeling" of I still have boobs. If I raise my arm or ley down flat on back then it's all gone. It's complete flat. I am still working out in gyme to build some muscles. So my skin disapprear quickly and I can get the result I want.

Bottom line is, if you see your self just a small/midium size boobs, chances are you will be flat after surgery. But if you have large size (hard to define size .... say larger than apple) than you have to be patient with result. But overall, I can tell you that it's all worth of going. In my 36 yrs. of life, I am wearring T-Shirts first time after surgery. Also my confidence level has boost up so much. I can wear anything I want and I can stand confidently any where in any party (between girls too) !!!

Again, everyone is different. And everyone heel different. But in my opinion it's worth going for it. Good Luck !!!

« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 03:51:53 PM by Give me Life »
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Mike...

First off, let me say that I had surgery with JCF three years ago and I'm one very happy camper! I was a 'D' cup and the good doc got it all!

As GmL mentioned, everyone heals/reacts differently to surgery. Surgery is very much a gamble. There are many factors that influence the outcome. Surgery results are not cut-and-dried. And.... you have to keep in mind that GRS (Gynecomastic Reduction Surgery) is just a Fix and not a Cure. No 'fix' is 100%.

If, after your surgery, and waiting a full year to heal, you are not happy with the results, I'm sure that Doc Fielding will do a revision at not cost (his fee). However, you will be on the hook for all hospital charges.

Maybe it's because it's a lot of money, but I'm worried I'm going to go through all of this and not even get the results I'm paying for.

Dude, you are not 'paying' for perfect results. You are paying a PS to 'attempt' to fix you, and as I mentioned above, no fix is 100%. Plastic Surgeons are not magicians/wizards. They are merely mortals like you and I. They can only do so much.

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024