Author Topic: just joined a gym  (Read 3463 times)

Offline grachuss

So I got a gym membership, my friend is a personal trainer there.  Make a long story short I have been hunching over for so long that I now have a hunch back.  I started doing dead lifts and squats along with rows to try and build my back muscles.  the only thing is its so damn embarrissing stick my chest out to try and staighten out my back did anyone else have this problem and how did you get over it.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
dude i had the EXACT problem. I guess you just have to deal.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
hmm,interesting,you want to know if you can straighten your back?good question..
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline milk_caps

• Posting Member
hey dude'

unless it's a pretty girl you seen, or somebody that was doing something crazy. "can you honestly say you remember everybody you've seen it the last 3 days"

bottom line _____ when you leave that gym, nobody will remember you, or will be thinking of you as they're working out. except maybe your buddy. (and i don't mean anything mean by that) it's just who cares, about what they think ? you shouldn't----your're doing your thing, and they're doing theirs.

when you go home they're not there with you, and at night when you lay your head down on your pillow, they're not there starring at you.....

you'll be fine..... go there, get in shape, and have fun doing it...  ;)

Offline zarathustra

• Posting Member
same problem.  I just had to deal with it.

mind you, I no longer go to the gym.  I now do yoga instead in the privacy of my own home.  

if posture is what you're worried about, yoga might be the better option than weight training anyways.

also you avoid those pesky gym fees....

Offline ensiferum

• Posting Member
So I got a gym membership, my friend is a personal trainer there.  Make a long story short I have been hunching over for so long that I now have a hunch back.  I started doing dead lifts and squats along with rows to try and build my back muscles.  the only thing is its so damn embarrissing stick my chest out to try and staighten out my back did anyone else have this problem and how did you get over it.

Good solution! Work your deadlift to 250kg for reps and beyond. Everyone will be too busy admiring your frigging monster lifts instead of your moobs.
Surgery on 11th of May. *gulp*

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024