Author Topic: Question about Dr. Feilding in TO  (Read 3759 times)

Offline turtle78

• Posting Member
He seems to do good work.  The results I see on here are pretty great.  Why then does he seem so much cheaper than some of the others?  I'm trying to decide on a surgeon, or even which to see for consultations.

Thanks

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
The reason why Dr. Fielding is cheaper is because he performs his surgery in a hospital, and not in a private clinic. Because he is performing the surgery in a hospital, OHIP covers the gland excision portion of the surgery. OHIP does not cover the liposuction element of the surgery. Add to that that OHIP covers the costs of the anesthesia and other surgery related meds, you have a dramatically lower cost with Dr. Fielding. Basically,you are only paying for lipo - the cost of which Dr. Fielding determines on a case by case basis depending on the severity of the gyne. The low cost is in no way related to the quality of service you get with Dr. Fielding, who has many happy former patients involved on this board.

Offline turtle78

• Posting Member
Now would this still be the case if I'm coming from USA with my Insurance?

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
No, you would have to be a resident of Ontario and have an Ontario Health Card to qualify for OHIP coverage. One thing to keep in mind, though, if you are considering having your surgery done in Canada, is that the Canadian dollar is trading at around 80 cents to the US dollar. So, even a $6000 surgery, which is what I paid with my doctor, Dr. Lista, would translate to $4800 USD... not too shabby!

Offline monnom

• Bronze Member
So if you're covered by OHIP and geting just the gland removed it is free?
source of revelation, inspiration, nutrition, relaxation, entertainment, and healing

Offline gynecomastia_sucks

• Posting Member

Yes it would be free as long as the operation is at a hospital and not a private clinic. Dr. Fielding does his operations at st. josesphs so its free but if you go to Dr. Lista you would have to pay because he does it at his own private clinic. Hope that helps

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
The cost with fielding is $2100.00 including GST.

Offline yoguy

Yes it would be free as long as the operation is at a hospital and not a private clinic. Dr. Fielding does his operations at st. josesphs so its free but if you go to Dr. Lista you would have to pay because he does it at his own private clinic. Hope that helps

I had surgery with Dr. Fielding, he told me I needed lipo because apparently there was hormonal fat in my chest (I am quite skinny).  Anyways one week post surgery he was with two student doctors and he read me the report off his computer and told me only gland was removed and than said that it was no surprise as I have a real low body fat percentage.  This was done at St. Joes and cost me $1900 did I get swindled?

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
I had surgery with Dr. Fielding, he told me I needed lipo because apparently there was hormonal fat in my chest (I am quite skinny).  Anyways one week post surgery he was with two student doctors and he read me the report off his computer and told me only gland was removed and than said that it was no surprise as I have a real low body fat percentage.  This was done at St. Joes and cost me $1900 did I get swindled?

Sounds like it. You should ask for a refund if no lipo was done.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024