Author Topic: Hotel Locations/Ideas and Landmarks Near Hospital  (Read 1809 times)

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
Hey everyone, working on booking my hotel for Thursday night after my Wednesday operation. I have an entertainment book which has some discounts in it, and you cna search hotels close to landmarks, but St. Joe's isn't one of them. Can any Torontonians list some notable landmarks near the hospital?

The hotels I'm finding on this website are 60 bucks, which is more up my alley than the compassion price of 100 at the hotel Leslie recomended so any help would be appreciated, or even better, if someone knows of one for around that price  in a good location.

Thanks a lot everyone.

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
I couldn't get the "compassion rate" when I called anyway. The code didn't work for the Thursday I wanted (21st of May). I think I may still stay at the hotel just because of the proximity (it's the closest one to the hospital) since I don't know what condition I'll be in post-op or if a hematoma develops.

Hotwire has a 4star hotel for $66 in downtown toronto west which was my other option. It's a bit farther away but seems to be the best trade off in value and price.

But I don't want to save $30 on hotel fees just to regret it in case of emergency either :(.

Let us know what you wind up going with.

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
Well, I ended up choosing a Day's Inn called West Lakeshore Downtown Toronto. My room came to 70.00 after taxes and some sort of fee. It is 9 miles from the hospital, and actually had in it's description "Next to St. Joeseph's Health Center, so I knew I was in the right spot. Free wireless and a bed, so I am happy to save the money, that is all I need for one night, and I am pretty sure it is on the same street that the street car to the hospital goes down from the train station, so hopefully I can get that to the hotel, and from the hotel back to the train, and I'm all set.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024