Author Topic: What's the weather like at your place?  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
Up to 10 degrees now In West MI.  The wind off the lake is cold, feels like -10.  Just got the furnace working it was 49 inside.  It will take a bit to warm her up in here.  Just glad its working.

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
More on Brit language:
The Gap directs (i.e., micromanages) store displays, and once directed all the stores to display suspenders next to the mens' shirts.  The staff in the London store found that very funny because "suspenders" in England means what we here call garter belts.

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
More on Brit language:
The Gap directs (i.e., micromanages) store displays, and once directed all the stores to display suspenders next to the mens' shirts.  The staff in the London store found that very funny because "suspenders" in England means what we here call garter belts.
The UK and the US are sisters, separated only by a common language. 🤔
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
It's bitterly cold here today, so my attire shall include a jumper. Hopefully it won't be Mork and Mindy. That would only make it seem colder.

I'll have a butcher's hook before I go out..
...butcher's hook...?

:)
I knew exactly what Birdie was talking about!  ;)

Regarding the further discussion with suspenders, here's another one which Americans can't understand...we wear thongs on our feet!  (they make a flip-flop sound...)

Anyway, the weather. Cool and rainy here today. We're now halfway through summer and haven't cracked 90F yet! Very unusual!

Offline Justagirl💃

It's bitterly cold here today, so my attire shall include a jumper. Hopefully it won't be Mork and Mindy. That would only make it seem colder.

...butcher's hook...?

Regarding the further discussion with suspenders, here's another one which Americans can't understand...we wear thongs on our feet!  (they make a flip-flop sound...)

Anyway, the weather. Cool and rainy here today. We're now halfway through summer and haven't cracked 90F yet! Very unusual!
I have found many people in AU are able to understand cockney slang, some can actually speak it. Strange because it's not exactly down the frog and toad (road) from the UK.

I remember that 'thongs' were worn on my minced meat (feet) when I was child growing up. That of course changed as I entered school. So many things changed as what was spoken at home didn't quite fit in the school environment.

It's evening there in AU Evolver, perhaps you could have a few Vera Lynn's until you're elephant trunk, then scurry up the apples and pears to bed before falling on your bottle and glass? (Translate that!)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 10:12:57 AM by Justagirl💃 »

Offline Parity

• Silver Member

...butcher's hook...?

I have found many people in AU are able to understand cockney slang, some can actually speak it. Strange because it's not exactly down the frog and toad (road) from the UK.

I remember that 'thongs' were worn on my minced meat (feet) when I was child growing up. That of course changed as I entered school. So many things changed as what was spoken at home didn't quite fit in the school environment.

It's evening there in AU Evolver, perhaps you could have a few Vera Lynn's until you're elephant trunk, then scurry up the apples and pears to bed before falling on your bottle and glass? (Translate that!)
I am getting a kick out of this.
I do remember calling flip flops thongs as a kid.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Hehehe...I'll answer it properly! I don't drink gin, in fact I haven't had any alcohol at all for a few days now, so there's no chance of getting drunk. We live in a single level house - no stairs, and no falling on my rrrr's! ;) 

Offline Justagirl💃

Hehehe...I'll answer it properly! I don't drink gin, in fact I haven't had any alcohol at all for a few days now, so there's no chance of getting drunk. We live in a single level house - no stairs, and no falling on my rrrr's! ;)
Jolly good! You are a true master! 👍😉

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
It's been a stupidly mild summer in my neck of the woods. We have only had three days so far over 30 deg. C (86 deg. F) and tomorrow will be the fourth! Two in a row, woohoo! The countryside normally dries out by Christmas, but it only started to happen a week ago. Ridiculous! It's meant a non-existent bushfire season I guess, but it wouldn't surprise me if Autumn is arid and there are fires all over the place.

Today was simply gorgeous. Calm, cloudless, 31 Deg. C (88 deg. F), exactly how it should be. Tomorrow is forecast 34 (93), still not hot-hot though.

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
In the PNW East Side of the Cascades it is foggy and overcast but above freezing. Time to get spring garden tenderlings going in the shed.
Regards, Bob

Offline taxmapper

we are still cold windy and wet.

We need to moisture badly, but it cuts into me riding.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024