Author Topic: Dr. Elliot Jacobs  (Read 3005 times)

Offline rob1978

• Posting Member
As a young boy around the age of 13, I began to gain weight. Along with this weight came small breasts. I attributed the breasts solely to weight gain. It was a problem that loomed over like a dark cloud through out my adolescence. At around  the age of 17, I started to hear about gynecomastia. I began to hit puberty around that time, grew to 6' and slimmed down, but the breasts were not disappearing. I always complained to my family, who insisted that I was ridiculous and just needed to work out. I can remember a few times that really destroyed me, any sports that involved 'shirts and skins' , I suddenly became 'ill' and would have to sit out the game.  I broke my ankle and was so happy I wouldn't have to participate in phys ed because I was so tired of trying to change quickly enough for no one to notice my chest.
I always knew there was more to the story.... I suffered through another 10 years of the usual tricks, tight tees, shirts with pockets covering the chest, layering....avoiding any social events involving taking off my shirt. I would tell people I burned easily and couldnt expose my chest on the beach....It was not until my late teens that I would even take my shirt off in front of my family.  A sex life, forget it, the thought of someone seeing my chest was a nightmare.  The older I grew, the more I tried to laugh over the situation than cry(and for any adolescents, yes, adult life is better, but not perfect!).  I saw an episode of MTV True Life following one guys journey for gynecomastia surgery.  The doctor featured was Elliot Jacobs. I wrote down his name and thought to myself that I deserved to feel the same confidence with my body as I was in other areas of  my life.  I put aside my fears, called, had my consultation and scheduled surgery for two months later.
Not only did Dr. Jacobs and his staff answer every single question I had(and believe me, there were MANY!), but they made me feel completely at ease with the surgery and kept me with a realistic result in mind, reminding me that no one is perfect.
I had my surgery October 18, 2005, and by the way, decided that while I was under I would take care of my gut and love handles as well!  The surgery and followup were exactly as it had been explained to me. The entire staff made me feel like a person, not a patient. The recovery was ok, painful moments, but overall, I wouldnt hesitate to do it all over again.  
Five months later, today was my final follow-up appointment. I credit Dr. Jacobs with not only performing amazing surgery on me, but giving me the ability to have confidence with my body, something I had never imagined having.
I sum it all up by saying that for most of my adult life I have been able to support myself and wear the designer clothes of my choice, but all I dreamed of wearing was a 5 dollar hanes white tee shirt, and that is exactly what fills a large part of my closet!
I am a perfectionist with everything in my life. Dr. Jacobs is truly the best.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024