Author Topic: St-Joe's informations  (Read 3843 times)

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hi, I would like to know which subway station is the nearest to St-Joe's Hospital? Is it a long walk between the station and the hospital.

I'm planning to stay in an hostel the night before my surgery and I would like to know how to get to St-Joe's. I'm also seeking infos to spend the night in an hotel, which one is the closest and is it affordable?

Thanks for your help.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
The closet hotel to St. Joe is Four Point Sheraton. There is no Subway station close to St. Joe but it depends where you are staying. If you booking any hotel in downtown Toronto on Queen St or King St. than it is just one ride of street car. Appro. 30 min ride from Young & King.

Let me know which hotel you are booking and then I can get you the direction to reach St. Joe.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 11:20:22 AM by tata3401 »
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hi GML,

I'm thinking of staying in downtown Toronto (an hostels most likely). What would be the cheapest way to get to St-Joe's? Taking the subway to the closest station and get a taxi from there?

Here's a list of hostels in Toronto (http://www.hostels.com/en/findabed.php?ChosenCity=Toronto&ChosenCountry=Canada), if one looks fairly close to St-Joe's could you tell me please. I'll arrive the night before surgery so I'll have a lot of time to get to St-Joe, so I don't mind walking an hour to get there (unless I have to walk in dangerous place......).

Thanks a lot

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hi G-Man:

Yes, you are right. All hostel listed are in Toronto Downtown and very easy access if you come by via train or taking a greyhound bus. Not sure where you are coming from. (when you have a date, by the way?) They are mostly 10-15 min walk from either one. And St. Joe is also easy streetcar ride from these hostels. Street Car ride will cost you $2.75. But if you buy tickets in advance (5 for $11) will cost you less. From any of the location, streetcar ride will take arround 30 min. and no change of car. So it's easy and cheapest way to go there.

I would advice to book your hostel in this order for conveinent:

1. 76 Church St, Toronto, ON  (closest to Union Station)
2. 460 King West (10 min walk from Union Station)
2. Clarence Castle (15 min walk from union station)

Let me know what you have booked and how you are coming to Toronto and then I will get you complete route from and to.

Good Luck.

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hi GML,
I booked the one on 76 Church Street and will be arriving by train (VIA) at Union Station. First I would need the info on how to get to St-Joe and then I'll need the info on how to get back to Union Station from my hotel (tonight I'll book the one close to St-Joe for one night, 4 points Sheraton).

Thanks again.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hi G-Man:

Here’s the information you are looking for.

From Union Station to 76 Church St, Toronto – Total Walk time 10-15 minutes

1.      When you come out from Union Station, you are on Front Street. In you front, you will see famous Fairmont Hotel. You walk East side on front street. (If you are facing Fairmont- you will be walking on your Right Side).

2.      Pass Bay Street – Yonge Street – Scott Street and you are on Church Street. (It is 5 min. walk).

3.      On Church Street, it is kind of 3 street meets together. So be careful. Just a hint, Pizza Pizza is on the corner.

4.      Go North on Church Street (on your left side). And just follow the numbers till 76 Church Street.

From 76 Church St, Toronto to St. Joe – Total Street Car Time 30-40 minutes

1.      Go south ½ block to King Street.

2.      On King Street, take car 504 streetcar going west (Dundas West Station via King Street). Best thing, you tell the driver that you are going to St. Joe and just take seat near to him. He will let you know when you are there. They are really very helpful.

3.      You can exit at the Queen Street/Queensway stop, and walk west past the TTC streetcar yard to St. Joseph’s – it’s about a two-minute walk.

Let me know if you need any other help. When is your surgery?

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Thanks GML.

My surgery is on November 15. I'll stay in hospital the first night,will get an hotel room for the second and will take the train for a 10 hours ride on Friday.

I'm currently a little stress by all this because I haven't tell anyone around me, no one would understand. But I think it should be allright.

Thanks

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Don't be stressed. I understand. It is hard to explain the feelings to others. But you will need someone at the hospital before/after surgery.

All will be fine.

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
They haven't told me that I needed someone with me at the hospital.

I'm travelling alone and can't afford to bring someone with me.

Are you sure about that? If not I'll call this week to check with Leslie.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
They haven't told me that I needed someone with me at the hospital. Are you sure about that? If not I'll call this week to check with Leslie.

Yes, give Leslie a call to confirm. Please let us know what you find out. Thanks!

John.

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hi,

To go back to Union station from the hotel (four points sheraton) I guess I should use the same streetcar (do you think it's risky to take that 2 days after surgery)? Also how much do you think a taxi ride would cost between the hotel and Union Station?

Thanks again

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hi:

I won't think it is risky to take streetcar after 2 days of surgery. As you are trying to save as much you can, I think, streetcar is the best way to go as cab ride will cost you arround $25-30 where streetcar ride is just $2.75.

Did you check about going alone?

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Thanks.

Yes I did and it's OK as long as I,m taking a cab to the hotel. I wrote it in the other thread ;).

Thankks GML. 2 weeks now.....

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Good luck and let me know if you need any other help.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024