Author Topic: VANCOUVER surgeons. Help.  (Read 2859 times)

Offline guistar

• Posting Member
    I think I may finally be able to get this done.  Hopefully I'll be able to scrape the money together over the next month and then I'm going for it.  I've emailed a few surgeons in the Vancouver area and the prices are all over the map.  I really don' think I can scrape $5000.00 together but 4 is do-able, just damn hard to find.  Anyone had the operation for less then 5 G's?
   I had a reply from Dr Hollis' office nad the price was $4000.00 but I can't find anything out about him on the board.  I'm at the point where I'd let my hairdresser do it if the price was right.
 Dr Lorne Browns office replied and said I should call. He's good and cheap from what I've read but this information may be outdated.

Also I was wondering when they say 'This fee includes the surgeon's fee, clinic fee, anesthetist fee and gst', does that mean EVERYTHING.  Like all i need is the 4 g's and thats it or will I get there and find out I have to pay for scotchguarding or something?

Offline guistar

• Posting Member

Offline loman1

• Posting Member
hey guistar,

I've done two trips to Toronto from Vancouver to see fielding.  First trip for consult and the second for the surgery.  Am staying in a hotel for four nights and everything included is costing me just over $3300.  1900 for the surgery and the rest for flights and hotel.

I remember a long time ago I emailed Dr. McFarlane on broadway and I got a reply saying the cost would be $4200 and up. So my advice is if you can get away for a few days than go to T.O.

Offline guistar

• Posting Member
  I was thinking about that too.  If I can find it here for the same price I'll do it here but so far the cheapest I've been quoted is $4000.00 and that involves traveling a fair bit to.  In fact I think flying to Toronto would be quicker then getting to Victoria from Vancouver.  I'm going to check out Dr. Brown and see if he'll do it in the $3000.00 range and if not I guess I'm headed to TO.  I've read Dr Brown is good at this and also cheap (for Vancouver anyway) but does anyone have any current info on him?  I don't like the idea of having surgery that far from home. With my luck I'll finally get my chest fixed after 20 years of hell and the plane will go down on the way back.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024