Author Topic: Montreal  (Read 3399 times)

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
Going outside of the city is out of the question for me. I want to get the surgery done in Montreal. I did a quick search on this forum, didn't find good info about PS in Montreal who are good at treating Gynecomstia. Someone mentionned the name of Gilles Frenette. I went to his website, found his number, called up and spoke to the receptionist. Consultation is already booked and she told me that infact Frenette does deal with Gynecomstia.

Has anyone ever got surgery done with him, what were your experiences ?
Any other PS you can recommend for Montreal ?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
AoD....

Dr. Frenette's credentials look impressive...

Find out how many GRS's he performs on a yearly basis. You wouldn't want to select a PS surgeon who performs just a few GRS's a year. Like the old saying goes.... 'Practice makes (near) perfect '  ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline mtl123

• Posting Member
Angel of Death, when is your consultation?

Let us know how things go, when (if) will you be booked for operation and the cost!

Good luck!

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
Ok, I just came back from consultation with Dr. Frenette.

Overall im quite dissapointed in how the consultation went.

He insisted on only doing lypo. When I mentionned about gland excision, he said that he only does it if results aren't good after 3-4 months.
He said most of the time his patients are satisfied and do not need excision.

I tried explaining to him that I was already informed about the surgery methods and the success rate, and that I KNEW for a fact that doing lypo only would not solve the problem. He said that's not true, and I didn't argue more ....

I then asked him how many of these surgeries he does in one year....after hesitating, he said approx 20-25...and he then said something like " I woudn't want to do more than that..."

I asked him if he thinks my gyne is cause because of a hormone inbalance ... he said no, it's normal that some men have this.

He said lypo would be 3500$ + 400$ for other fees.

I then asked to see some before/after pictures.

The only thing he showed me was pictures of other type of cosmetic surgery he performs. Then he said that if I really want to see pictures of gynecomastia work he's done...he would see if the receptionist has any...

When I met with the receptionist again, she showed me pictures of a guy with before and after that look almost identical. The guy didn't really have gyne and basicaly looked good on both pictures.

Then she showed me picture of a guy with gyne, but it was only the before picture since he hasent done surgery yet.

I was disspointed and waisted 80$ for my consultation. I felt that Frenette didn't really take the time to UNDERSTAND exactly what I was telling him. He seemed kind of in a rush.

I still want to get this surgery done ASAP.
Doing it with Frenette would've been really convinient since his clinic is located not far from my home.

I still insist in doing this surgery in Montreal. I guess I will have to look for another surgeon... this really sucks!

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hi,

I don't know why you absolutely want to do this in MTL but if it's gonna cost you near 4 000 $ for it you should think about going somewhere else since MTL doesn't seem to have experience surgeon for this condition.

I paid 3 000 $ overall (consultation, hotel and 2 trains tickets and 2 bus tickets) for a surgery with Fielding. I also needed 4 days off from work and I'm from Quebec City.

Maybe your reasons are personnals but I'm just pointing this out for you to think about it.

Offline Calg-puffed

• Bronze Member
Frenette doesn't sound too credible to me, just by what you've described.  You need to find a doctor that specializes in gynecomastia, especially a breast recontructionist.. that's who I'm going to see in Alberta.  Also, if he's refusing to do excision, go see an other doctor.  I hate to try to supercede a doctor's advice, however based on what EVERYONE in this forum says, lipo alone never works, you almost always need excision unless there is truly no gland (which there almost always is atleast some).

It's not unusual for doctors to not have gynecomastia before/after pics because it is a relatively minor procedure.  And I can't believe he charged you for a consult.  I haven't heard of anyone being charged for a consult.  Go see a dif doc.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
actually most PS charge between 50 to 80$ for the consult and  it is generally credited in the surgery fees. but i believe it is standard procedure...

with Fielding though (and surely many other doctors who take the time), the charge for the consult is paid by government, except for residents of the province of Quebec.

cheers
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024