Author Topic: Shampoo products that don't cause gyne  (Read 2696 times)

Offline amethyst tint

• Posting Member
Hello all: my favourite shampoo recently modified its ingredient list to include "lavender water." I think I read somewhere that lavender can trigger gyne - is this true? Can anyone suggest a few basic/neutral/non-toxic shampoos that do NOT cause or aggravate gyne?

I'm trying to avoid using a shampoo with a lot of harsh chemicals, but I also don't want an "alternative/organic" shampoo that will make my gyne worse!

Offline jojo82

• Silver Member
Some personal care products contain phytoestrogens or estrogens. I'm not sure about 'lavender water,' but you honestly don't have much to worry about if you don't have any problems in your endocrine system. A male with a "normal" androgen:estrogen ratio isn't going to develop gynecomastia from shampoo. The main issue with these products is with infants/young children.

Have you been diagnosed with a testosterone deficiency?

Offline amethyst tint

• Posting Member
No, my blood work tested normal across the board. I developed some mild gyne from a brief course of meds last summer. I'm still thinking about having surgery later this year (I'm currently recovering from an unrelated illness), but in the meantime, I don't want to cause the problem to start all over again. I guess I'm a bit paranoid from my experience with the meds last year.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Phyto-Estrogens are plant compounds that are similar to Estrogen.

They are many orders of magnitude weaker than natural Estrogen.

Some people express concern that these compounds can cause Gynecomastia. Others are just as sure that they will tie up and occupy potential Estrogen receptors and thereby prevent Gynecomastia.

I remain unconvinced that they have a significant effect either way.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024