Author Topic: Pectoral implants  (Read 5292 times)

Offline longtimeflyer

I am a 54-year-old male that had Gyno surgery 3 years ago. I was very unhappy with the results, so I have sought second opinions from other surgeons in the New York area.

All three surgeons I spoke with agreed that the original surgeon was not nearly aggressive enough with respect to removal of fat and breast tissue.

All three surgeons indicated they could improve the results. However, due to my age and skin type, I would probably experience issues with excess skin.

It occurred to me that a pec implant may be the answer to the excess skin issue.

Has anyone heard of this type of procedure? Would it help with the condition I have described?

I plan on asking one of the surgeons about this, but hope I can get some insights before I drop another $300 for a consultation.

Thanks in advance.

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
I would rather spend the money on testosterone replacement of GH replacement theray than on pec implants at your age - wayyy more benefits from those.  Of course you will reap the benefits 10 fold if you work out regularily which should be no problem at your age. 

Someone else can fill you in on the implants im sure

Offline longtimeflyer

Can you elaborate on testosterone and GH replacement?

Thanks.

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Did the first surgeon not remove the gyno? It was pretty unclear to me, hehe (I'm a foreigner).

Offline AnonNZ

• Posting Member
Absolutely you should work out instead. Even at your age building muscles in your chest will not be too difficult. A year of focus should achieve the sames results as any implant, only you'll be far healthier, look much better, and save a few $ in the process. Of course make sure you're taking the required protein for muscle development and follow the usual guidelines that body-builders use.

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
U should be able to get testo on prescription.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
And with a history of gynecomastia, the additional testosterone could make it grow back. I am amazed at how causally guys on the board talk about messing with hormones, especially when they have had or have gynecomastia. Excess testosterone that the body can not process via the liver converts to estrogen. Then guess what? If you have a genetic predisposition, you will grow breasts because your hormones are out of balance.

I vote for the working out, but leave the hormones alone.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
And with a history of gynecomastia, the additional testosterone could make it grow back. I am amazed at how causally guys on the board talk about messing with hormones, especially when they have had or have gynecomastia. Excess testosterone that the body can not process via the liver converts to estrogen. Then guess what? If you have a genetic predisposition, you will grow breasts because your hormones are out of balance.

Merle

AI's can be used to keep estrogen levels in the normal ranges  Steroid users who get gynecomastia usual cycle improperly and ingore proper post cycle therapy protocol.  This is usually due to a lack of research and knowledge.  Also, Testosterone replacement therapy dosages are not nearly as high as many bodybuilders use in their stacks.  Of course it does affect individuals differently.

If done under an educated doctors care and guidance, this is perfectly safe and healthy.

To the original poster:  Google HGH therapy and testosterone replacement thereapy and there is much information on the subject.  Or simply ask your doctor about it.

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member

Merle

Merle; are people, who've had teenagegynecomastia, more sensitive when it comes to testosterone injections? This just struck me. I mean, let's say a person got his teenagegynecomastia when he was 14, and his breasts stopped growing when he was 16 - this would imply that the levels are back to normal? If he started using roids later in life, would the risks of getting breastenlargements increase VS a guy, who've never had gynecomastia?

Regards, Ryan.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Guys who get adult onset had it briefly in adolescence in my experience. So yes,

Merle

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
sounds like a reasonable option. you would want to research it carefully pec implants can look really odd especially on those who don't have the arms/shoulders to match.

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Guys who get adult onset had it briefly in adolescence in my experience. So yes,

Merle

Interesting. But, theoretically; wouldn't both persons have the same chance of getting it? Considering what happened in adolescence is way in the past? And the hormonelevels are now balanced? (Before they start juicing).

Offline merle

• Gold Member
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
There is the issue of genetic predisposition. There are plenty of women and fat guys who don't have breasts.

Merle

Offline Hypo-is-here

All men who have developed gynecomastia should have an evaluation of their hormones given that hypogondism is an associated condition and underlying condition in 10% of all cases.

Testosterone should ONLY be used following a diagnosis for hypogondism, pathology, medical history checks and prescription.  Estradiol should in such cases be considered and watched with a view of consideration of ancillary medications.

There isn't any legitimate reason that I am aware of for eugonadal men taking testosterone for which the benefits are questionable and the potential problems significant.

Offline domsnips

• Bronze Member
Hey there buddy 54 is still young have a look at this site and let me know what you think lose skin is never a issue as long as it is maintained correctly by that I mean that the correct training and the correct nutrition are taken into concept. So what you would want to be doing is building the muscle behind the skin to cause it to stretch over the muscle. Really simple many people go through this when trying to lose body fat but maintain tight skin so the idea is generally cut the fat by doing cardio and weight training and that will remove fat and leave lose skin. Then the trick is to train the muscles and make them grow to fill the lose skin. By this I do not mean just training the chest everything will come into play when involving the chest traing the shoulders building them will cause the skin on the chest to stretch as well as the back grow the lats and traps will cause the skin to stretch to accomidate the larger muscles.

The other thing that can be done is before going into the surgery lose as much fat as you possibly can this will cause the skin to shrink but very slowly. By doing this the skin has a chance to addapt to its knew shape but any of the 2 ways you will get great results.

Remember that nutrition is the key when building muscle so please as I said take a look at this site and the training and the nutrition is very straight forward.

WWW.bodyforlife.com everythng you need to know about what I explained is here. You need anymore help please do not hesitate to ask.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024