Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Karidis - 1 week post op.  (Read 5602 times)

Offline Jonny5

• Posting Member
Re: Surgery with Dr. Karidis - 1 week post op.
1 week out now, leaving dressings off from today. No feeling in the nipples at all and they look a bit...squished, but I guess that's to be expected after so long being stuck down. Bruising and swelling gradually improving but a long way to go. Had a good look at the incisions under my nipples and they're a little longer than I initially thought but perfectly aligned with the bottom edge so should blend in well over time.

Tried jogging on the spot a bit today....feels too weird, at least another week until I can run I would think. Just fast walking and bodyweight leg exercises in the mean time. Did my weekly shop yesterday and the only slight concern was closing the boot of my car! Driving was fine just took it easy on the speed bumps. Still got another week until I go back to work. I'll get some more pics up after another 3-4 weeks, hoping the bruising will be mostly gone by then.

Trying not to get carried away still as it's such early days. So far has exceeded my expectations but I like to think I had a realisitic view going in.

All the best.

Offline Myers

• Bronze Member
Congrats on the results, its looking really good!! What are you going to do about massaging, i was thinking of waiting another week or so to start properly with oil so i'll be about 4 weeks post op. Not really sure what oil to use as well

Offline Jonny5

• Posting Member
I'm going to give it a go after 2 weeks and see how it feels, if there's any doubt about whether I'm ready or not I'll leave it. I've just gone for the Bio Oil option, it's quite expensive but is used by women after pregnancy so should be good for helping skin get back to normal. Even though I haven't had a huge amount removed presumably there's a bit of room for the skin to contract. I had incisions under my nipples too and it's supposed to help minimise external scarring. As for below the skin scar tissue, the act of massaging is the main thing so in theory any oil or cream will do. Bio oil does seem to have some added benefits though. I got a big bottle for £20, should see me through.

Offline thetodd

Looks really good, nice one! Sound's like your recovering well
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
Any update on this? How did it pan out?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024