Author Topic: Living with Gynecomastia in a Foreign Country  (Read 1821 times)

Offline altron

• Posting Member
Hi all,
5 year ago, I moved to a new country to work. A country with a new language and culture.
Right after arriving to this new place, I began to experience depression/anxiety/weakness/all the low t-symptoms; things that I don't remember experiencing before when I lived in my country.

I have a good job (computers), but it's the kind of job you do completely alone, in a cubicle, not talking with anybody (neither on the phone or in person) for hours.

So my hormonal imbalance, work, and lack of communication skills in the new language led me to live a reclusive life, and when I thought things couldn't get worse... I developed gynecomastia.

I've been living with gynecomastia for more than 2 years now (much less than most of you guys, I know). This led me to isolate myself even more than before, which it's not a good thing since, as I said, I live in a different country and interacting with people is essential to my learning the new language.

So there you have it. I think this has affected me psychologically in a way I can't describe. Not only I have to deal everyday with gynecomastia, but I also have to struggle with the new language and culture.

Thanks for reading.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I developed the condition in early puberty. Like many others, I was told that it would go away in a couple of years. I was 12 years old in 1949 and I'm still waiting for enough years to go by.

I grew up in Los Angeles, CA.  You know, sunny beaches and only two seasons: Summer and not quite summer. Also, pool parties, Can't forget them.

The fact is that the condition did not prevent me from serving in the Air Force, Being a Police Officer, A volunteer fireman/EMT/Paramedic. None of my lady friends seemed to care.

Looking back, the condition did not cause me any problems at all. My attitude about the condition did cause a lot of problems over the years and I think my case is fairly typical.

What it really comes down to is mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't really matter.

Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024