Author Topic: US Army develops "Tactical Bra"  (Read 1073 times)

Offline taxmapper

No, not making this up. 

Interesting to see some Generals of the Male side being issued this in their 50's!~!  

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/05/politics/us-army-tactical-bra/index.html

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
Interesting - a few years back the Navy / Marine Corps Exchange (the armed forces store) carried UA brand bras in sizes such as 46a-b, 46b-c and 46 c-d.  They were typical olive drab color.  Unfortunately, I didn't buy one!  Haven't seen them since.  However, they were not "issue" bras like this Army development (Pun intended!).

Offline gotgyne

The headline is "US Army is developing a tactical bra for its female soldiers".
My question: Are there no male soldiers with pronounced gynecomastia who would need such a bra too? This is serious, since I'm not kidding.

A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Johndoe1

Do you know any solder who would admit to gynecomastia? I don't.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Orb

My question: Are there no male soldiers with pronounced gynecomastia who would need such a bra too? This is serious, since I'm not kidding.
  I'm sure there are.  The military has become more of an excepting place.  That's not to say all are however I'm sure if the bra fit one could wear.  You have to remind your self the vast majority of wearers are women.  It's going to be marketed as that. Period.
  When I was a catcher I had to, wanted and needed to, wear a hard cup.  Woman wear a hard groin protective cup.  Do you see it advertised or spoken of?  No, but those that need to wear find it and do so.  

Confused old man

Is it a bullet bra or bulletproof?😂🤪

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member

From gotgyne: "My question: Are there no male soldiers with pronounced gynecomastia who would need such a bra too? This is serious, since I'm not kidding.
"Do you know any solder who would admit to gynecomastia? I don't."

gmast

My question: Are there no male soldiers with pronounced gynecomastia who would need such a bra too? 
Let's not lose our perspective.  Just because you found a small group of men that wear bras, it does not mean it's the norm, or even a significant portion of the general population.  With all the companies that make bras for women, can you name even one that makes bra designed for a man with gynecomastia?  If they can't find a big enough demand for them, why would the military spend time and money on it when they haven't even gotten it done for women?

Dudewithboobs

Agreed. I think often we find an article that is applicable to “us” or seen someone in 1994 who definitely probably could have been possibly not really sure but I think they were wearing a bra and consider it a norm. 
Even if I’ve seen a man with breast growth it was clear it was likely due to weight or if not it surely wasn’t more than an a cup. I think unless we see men more commonly with significant growth men in bras are going to continue to be a online closet discussion and probably not a hey bro I like your bra reality lol. 
I remember seeing soccer players now wearing bras and then seeing the reasons for it and no one with actual support needed. I’d imagine if men in military wore one it would be for similar reasons and not physical need. 
Would be nice though cause after a year of wearing a bra I’ve looked HARD to find signs of straps and bands at gyms or general wear and from locker rooms to beaches to general public I’ve yet to see anyone I can safely say wearing or wore a bra or someone I’d say certainly needed one 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024