Author Topic: STOP PUSHING patients to Fielding  (Read 4343 times)

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
this board has a problem: it is not objective in the advice we give the users. i'm not saying Fielding is a bad surgeon or that no one should go to him, i just think that just because some of us who come to the forum had surgery with him and believe in his technique and capabilities, we cant say that there is no other doctor that we should go to.

i've seen so many posts telling users to stop thinking about this or that surgeon and go with fielding just because fielding is the "good doctor" (i use to be like that somehow but i think its not a good attitude to have on the board).

the board needs to have an objective view of the various surgeons to give better advice to gynecomastia sufferers who dont know where to go. Fielding cannot always be the answer and we need to give a chance to other doctors and maybe we will find out at some point that Fielding's technique which is somewhat traditionnal is not necessarily the best for everyone.

we are not here to promote Fielding.
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
this board has a problem: it is not objective in the advice we give the users. i'm not saying Fielding is a bad surgeon or that no one should go to him, i just think that just because some of us who come to the forum had surgery with him and believe in his technique and capabilities, we cant say that there is no other doctor that we should go to.

I have been an active member of this Site for two and a half years and not once have I read a post that said 'Do not go to anyone else other than JCF '.

i've seen so many posts telling users to stop thinking about this or that surgeon and go with fielding just because fielding is the "good doctor" (i use to be like that somehow but i think its not a good attitude to have on the board).

That's odd dude. I read many posts, especially on the 'Canada' board. I have not once read a post telling people to go JCF instead of another PS. Please post the links to such posts.

the board needs to have an objective view of the various surgeons to give better advice to gynecomastia sufferers who dont know where to go. Fielding cannot always be the answer and we need to give a chance to other doctors and maybe we will find out at some point that Fielding's technique which is somewhat traditionnal is not necessarily the best for everyone.

Individual Results May Vary... Have you ever heard of this saying dude? It's not rocket science to figure out that the results one guy achieves, is not necessarily what the next guy will end up with. There are so many different factors that have bearing on the surgery outcome.

we are not here to promote Fielding.

No, we are here to share our Gynecomastic experiences Pre and Post-op. If someone has a successful surgery with a particular PS, then there is nothing wrong with him saying so and recommending that Doc.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey bambu,

i'm not saying we tell people to go to Fielding instead of another surgeon, i'm saying that when somebody comes to the board looking for a surgeon, we tend to tell him that looking too hard is not necessary and that Fielding is the doctor to see especially because of the price. i think the price should not be the only reason why you choose a ps and if you cant afford another doctor (who might be theone for you) i suggest waiting a while to take the best decision you can.

i know that individual results may vary that's why i'm saying that i do not beleive that Fielding is not a good surgeon just because the my surgery did not work. i also said in another post that people on the board should not decide not to go with Fielding just because some people did not have the results they wished they had...

its just that choosing the right surgeon is a difficult task and i dont think the way we talk about Fielding helps users make the best decision for them... that's all

i know there is nothing wrong with recommending a surgeon but you have to admit that other than Fielding and Lista, there are many PS in eastern Canada and no one seems to know about them. i think in some way, it would be interesting to have some more information concerning different options helping patients make the right decision.

cheers!

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
Another great dr in the toronto area is dr Tim Spoule,http://www.lipo.ca/findsurgeon/gta.html

Offline guistar

• Posting Member
 I kind of agree just because it made it a lot harder for me to find out about any surgeons here in BC because half the people from BC ended up going to Toronto to have surgery  and the other half all went to seperate Doctors no one heard of.  I should also mention that I just had surgery with Dr Brown and the results were better then I ever could have hoped for.  He didn't even do excision. The guy looks at your chest and decides what he needs to do to make it look great. The bottom line is that the only thing that matters is that you find a talented surgeon.  I was a little put off by the fact he was saying he could do it without excision but I figured since he does excision all the time on other people he must know what he's talking about.  The price was cheaper then anyone else in BC and the staff is great.  After all is said and done I think it cost me about $3200 and I think it was the same price regardless of what he needs to do.  Toronto would have been cheap but with airfare and hotels it would have probably cost more. Dr Brown did the surgery in under an hour and he went halfway down my ribs just to make sure it looked perfect.
  I'll post some pics soon.  The surgery can be booked within about a month of your consultation, unless he's swamped now. I'm still a little numb but it feels like he got most of the hard crap out just with lipo. Also I have barely any bruising and only two tiny scars under the arms which will be gone in no time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024