Author Topic: Compression Vests  (Read 2974 times)

Offline impervious

• Posting Member
What is the purpose of a compression vest? Also, why do some PS NOT require that a patient wear one? Does it add any significant help the healing process?

DrBermant

What is the purpose of a compression vest? Also, why do some PS NOT require that a patient wear one? Does it add any significant help the healing process?

Each doctor has his / her own techniques.  For my patients, peak swelling typically occurs at the time of surgery.  You can see my usual Swelling and Bruising After Gynecomastia Surgery on that page and follow to many other links on my website.  Most doctors do not post early results.

I fit each of my patients before their operation with their After Gynecomastia Compression Vest which is an important factor in such results.

We also use these garments for No Surgery Chest Shaping.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

Offline Dr Kapoor

• Bronze Member
    • Dr. Kapoor, Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon
While I think it definitely helps the swelling and may get you to a certain post operative recovery point faster, I don't know that it really helps in the healing process. You still go through the cycle of pain, scar maturation, skin tightness with or without the garment. I think it is particularly beneficial in the larger cases of gynecomastia where extensive liposuction or gland removal was carried out, and you need the skin to shrink down and such. My typically protocol is to have patients wear it for 3 weeks night and day (or as much as they can tolerate it - because it can be uncomfortable) and then for the next 2-3 weeks during the daytime only.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024