Author Topic: Compression garment too tight- cant breathe and lightheaded  (Read 9028 times)

Offline jimbob90

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

I had my surgery done yesterday morning. They put on really tight dressing around my chest ONLY, and though this was uncomfortable it was quite bearable.

I've now been given a compression garment which covers my chest, back stomach etc..basically my whole torso. The garment does not feel as tight around my chest but feels much tighter around my stomach and I am having trouble breathing...like I am being choked. On top of that, I feel light headed and slightly dizzy. Is this normal? I don't want to risk taking it off in case it hampers the healing process.

Thanks in advance!

Offline jimbob90

• Posting Member
Still hoping for a reply.

In the meantime...I just couldn't handle it. I was feeling fine since the surgery, but after wearing the garment for less than an hour I just felt sick and dizzy and the effects lasted well after taking the garment off.

I've decided to leave it until I see the surgeon again in 2 days. In the mean time, do you guys suggest me putting new bandages on to keep the chest compressed? Is there an alternative? How damaging could it be if I left it for a couple of days uncompressed?

Thanks again.

Offline dummypiece

• Posting Member
i am planning to undergo the surgery early next year. Your situation left me in a worry. Let me know if you got any solution.

Offline ken979

• Posting Member
I had the same problem. I have a belly so I returned the garment that covered my belly.

If you don't have a belly. Buy the one that covers the belly.

If you have a belly. Buy the one that doesn't over the belly.

I have had surgery with Mr Levick at 19/11/2014

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
This is a common problem.  These garments are very tight and fit is critical.  Often people buy one a size too small thinking that will be necessary to get the fit they desire and that is always a bad idea.
Grandpa Dan

Offline VitoEr

• Posting Member
I was going to give one of these a try tonight, but it looks like I need some PNP transistors - is that correct or am I missing something?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024