Author Topic: Newbie with some questions  (Read 2686 times)

Offline sideeffect

Alright, here is my situation.

Propecia caused my gyno.  I was on it for about 5 years and I started to get breast pain.  The thing is that I received a hair transplant so it is imperative that I continue to use the Propecia to maintain what I have, or else I will look really wierd down the road when I am left with just the transplanted hairs. 

I tried using evista to control the growth of the breasts and I think that it slowed it down, but didn't do much otherwise... there is still pain.

I have been in contact with two doctors who perform the surgery and one of them told me that if I continued propecia after the surgery, that it could reoccur.  The other doctor told me that he could permantly removed the tissue and fat.

It would be easier for me to deal with having enlarged breasts than to have a funny looking head so I am will be continuing to use propecia.

I am sure some people will say "man up and lose the hair bro"  but like I said, it would be easier for me to deal with the breasts especially since i had the hair transplant.

So.... have any of you guys heard of any docs doing permanent tissue removal so that the breast tissue would not regrow if I continued propecia?  Anything you guys could tell me would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 01:10:14 AM by sideeffect »

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
..The other doctor told me that he could permantly removed the tissue and fat...

Better get that with an guarantee and in writing. 

I don't believe that any surgeon can guarantee the gyne won't come back as long as the situation causing it is still there after the surgery. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

..The other doctor told me that he could permantly removed the tissue and fat...

Better get that with an guarantee and in writing.

Agreed!  ;)

john
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline sideeffect

I know it is possible for gyno to come back, but if they remove the gland then wouldn't it be impossible for it to come back?

Offline flex1appeal

I'd used the word "unlikely" rather than "impossible". If a surgeon removed the entire gland completely then it is unlikely that it will return. But the way that the gland fingers run into the fat and muscles makes it hard to determine if all was indeed removed. And if even a little gland remains then it can still be active and, thus, gyno can return. Is it likely, probably not. But using such medicines known to influence or accelerate gynecomastia growth makes the likelyhood of it returning increase. It's like going to Vegas bro.

Offline Hypo-is-here

Not only that but taking away what appears to be all the gland could result in a defomed indented chest, so it is often improtant to leave some sculped tissue that includes gland behind.

Not only can that be acted upon by medications prescription and otherwise, but it can be acted upon by a poor endocrien balance/hormone problem.

It is far better to ensure that hormones are balanced prior to surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024