Author Topic: Info Needed On Areola Reduction Surgery  (Read 6907 times)

Offline 4K

I have big, puffy areolas a bit bigger than a quarter in size. I used to call them puffy nipples.

I also have gland under the areola, but that's not my main issue.

My main problem is the size(diameter) of the areola.

It's more reminiscent of a woman's areola. Ya know.

I think it's a common mistake to say "I have puffy nipples" among puffy areola sufferers.

Even if I had gland excision AND lipo, I still think I am going to be disappointed simply because I hate the diameter of my areola, even if it is flat as can be.

You feel what I'm sayin?? ;)

Can anyone offer their advice on my take of this situation? 
Is areola reduction surgery even possible with only about a bit bigger than a quarter sized areola?
What methods are out there for areola reduction surgery?
What kind of scar would be left for areola reduction surgery?
How small can you get your areola to be; a dime in size or even less?!

Thanks.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
The reason why the nipple is ''puffy'' and bigger, is because of the gland behind it. Excision of the gland allows the niple to lose its large puffy appearance.

DrBermant

I have big, puffy areolas a bit bigger than a quarter in size. I used to call them puffy nipples.

I also have gland under the areola, but that's not my main issue.

My main problem is the size(diameter) of the areola.

It's more reminiscent of a woman's areola. Ya know.

I think it's a common mistake to say "I have puffy nipples" among puffy areola sufferers.

Even if I had gland excision AND lipo, I still think I am going to be disappointed simply because I hate the diameter of my areola, even if it is flat as can be.

You feel what I'm sayin?? ;)

Can anyone offer their advice on my take of this situation? 
Is areola reduction surgery even possible with only about a bit bigger than a quarter sized areola?
What methods are out there for areola reduction surgery?
What kind of scar would be left for areola reduction surgery?
How small can you get your areola to be; a dime in size or even less?!

Thanks.

Areola Reduction Surgery can have many risks and problems better discussed during a consultation after an evaluation.  There are many techniques to tighten the skin and remove areola, each has their own compromises.  Just sculpting under the areola can result in smaller diameters, but it is in the projection or "puffiness" of the areola that sculpture behind excels.  Check out the many before after pictures of this Areola / Nipple Gallery here, here, and here.  These results are typical for my sculpture of my patients.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 08:20:13 PM by DrBermant »

Offline 4K

The reason why the nipple is ''puffy'' and bigger, is because of the gland behind it. Excision of the gland allows the niple to lose its large puffy appearance.

Okay.
But my worry is that even after my excision surgery of the gland and even after the puffiness is gone, and my areola is as flat as can be, I still don't like how my areola's look regarding the diameter, then what?

Thanks.

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Hi MRD!! I had excision and lipo about 8 mths ago. I saw a plastic surgeon and also advised i didn't like the size and shape of my areola and nipple. When my areola get stimulate, the whole complex gets hard and my nipple elongates. I hate it!! Now my PS is telling me that my skin and areola need to be reduced in size. He says, once he does the donut procedure to remove excess skin, areola , and nipple reduction I will look great. He said with his techniques there is minimal scarring. I am having it done, I will let you know how it turns out!!!

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Gyneman, I guess if the actual nipple elongates it can look odd, in that case i can understand your need for reduction.

Sethk4, If you had not yet had gland excision + lipo done, you shouldn't be looking at aerola reduction surgery yet. The primary reason why the aerola appears large and puffy, is because of the gland and fat tissue ''pushing'' it out. If you want to correct this problem, I would first recommend getting excision and lipo done. For most people this reduces the size of the aerola and takes away the puffyness. After you heal post-op and you are still unsatisfied with the size, then you can look at aerola reduction procedures, as then you will be sure that it wasn;t because of the fat and gland behind it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024