Author Topic: Post Surgical Problem  (Read 1697 times)

Offline IllinoisFellow

Hello,

I had my gynecomastia surgery done in August of 2011 and it looked generally okay at first when the procedure was done.

But now, nearly 9 months later, I feel like nothing was done at all.

Fat was removed, sure, but I could have done that myself. I lost a good amount of weight myself after the procedure and I am currently just about 6' tall and I weigh 170 lbs. I'm in decent shape yet whenever I wear a t-shirt I just look awful unless it is a fairly thick and rigid shirt.

Basically, Under each nipple (more so under the right one, I don't know why) I have this hard sort of matter. It is mobile enough that I can move it around but it is fairly concentrated in an area that is basically just under the nipple.

For starters, what is this? Can I get it removed? I poked around the internet and haven't found a good conclusion as to what it could be.

Also, I have been getting sick a LOT these last 9 months. But then again, I also just went off to college so I always assumed that college was the reason for me being sick all the time since there are germs everywhere.

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
I have the same problem and im 3 months post op

Offline thetodd

Being sick is, like you say its a side effect of the student life ;)

So did you just have liposuction? You wont get good results unless gland excision is performed. The  matter you're talking about sounds like gland.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
Ive had gland removed and im 2 1/2 months post op and my nipples are still puffy. Did you have the surgery done?

Offline IllinoisFellow

I may have had just lipo... I'll definitely schedule a meeting with the surgeon to see what is going on here.

Is gland removal common? Are there any negative side effects of such removal?

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
I was told by my surgeon that you have to have the gland move also not just lipo or the condition stays the same.I had only gland removed but my nipples are still puffy.I dont know if its scar tissue or what,but im loosing my mind because i paid alot of money.

Offline thetodd

Some docs say lipo only because its a very simple procedure for them to do. Really you must have excision id go back and ask if revision if that's an option.

Id advise both of you to go back to your surgeons, really they should do a check-up after a few months to see if your ok and happy with the results. Nipple puffiness could possibly be scar tissue are you massaging at all?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024