Author Topic: Why would any doctor do this?  (Read 3591 times)

Offline Dlink

• Bronze Member
Why would any doctor perform liposuction by making a relatively large incision across the front of the chest.

It looks like they are doing an incision around the areola but then they continued and kept going across more than just the areola in a very visible scar.

I have seen liposuction incision which are like a small dot on the side and also around the areola but never like this.

Just wondering why a doctor would do this?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 10:41:09 PM by Dlink »

hammer

How long has it been since your surgery?

Offline Dlink

• Bronze Member
How long has it been since your surgery?

Hello.

The picture is not me but rather a before & after picture from the doctor's website. You need to really enlarge the picture to see what I'm talking about.

There is an incision around the areola however it seem to extend beyond the areola to the chest and the scar around the areola seem to be kind of thicker than what I'm seen from other doctors.

The normal 2 method I'm seem are kind of the Dr.Jachobs and Dr. Bermant methods but never seen one with a side incision which is a line extending from the Areola and goes way beyond the area which normally masks the scar?

Perhaps this is something taken from female breast surgery extended to gynecomastia?

I found it very unusual. The doctor actually has very high ratings but from mostly female surgeries.

I am just wondering why the Doctor may have extended the incision so far to the side like this when it would end up making it more visible.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 12:48:08 PM by Dlink »

hammer

Do you know all the facts about this surgery as far as how long of time there has been since the surgery for healing? I had both of my knees replaced one in 2006 the other in 2007 and I see the scares still fading years latter! I also had 9 hours of back surgery in 2009 that required two incisions. One has almost disappeared the other has not!

I don't think it is fair to judge a doctor by one picture!

Offline Dlink

• Bronze Member
Do you know all the facts about this surgery as far as how long of time there has been since the surgery for healing? I had both of my knees replaced one in 2006 the other in 2007 and I see the scares still fading years latter! I also had 9 hours of back surgery in 2009 that required two incisions. One has almost disappeared the other has not!

I don't think it is fair to judge a doctor by one picture!

The doctor has 3 people in before and after pictures. 2 of them did not show this extended scar. I assumed that is because gland removal only and not lipo.

I am going to email the doctor and ask what the story is with this.

Thanks.

Offline Dlink

• Bronze Member
I contact the doctor only to get a response from some kind of office marketing/sales person who is sending me information about appointments, cost,etc...

I hate it when they do it. I have some very technical question to about how the doctors operates to see if I want to spend the time on a consolidation and I get a marketing sales rep responding to the questions.

hammer

Then it is time to move on.

Offline Dlink

• Bronze Member
Then it is time to move on.

You mean just forget this doctor and try to find another doctor who office will allow the doctor to explain things?

I send them another email asking for the doctor email or if they could relay the questions since they are technical in nature. Just to give it one more shot.

Its almost like they are saying " The doctor is too important to answer your question, so you have to deal with me instead" however the question I am asking should be answered by the doctor since they are asking for his approach on a complex issue.

These sales/marking/shield people should recognize this and ask the doctor instead of trying to answer questions they know nothing about then do a full press sales pitch.

They also would not allow me to contact them without providing a phone number so they could call me up to give me the full sales pitch. I reluctantly gave them a cell phone but asked to be contacted though email however they still tried to call me over and over again.

I don't know how all you people are able to research your doctor if this is the type of response you get to basic due diligence questions.

Thanks.

hammer

You know, maybe the problem is you! Maybe it's the question or the way it is asked.

Offline Dlink

• Bronze Member
You know, maybe the problem is you! Maybe it's the question or the way it is asked.

I don't follow?

I send them a message via their website asking to explain the doctor technique, the types of scars which can be expected from this kind of surgery, if the incisions are blended into the edge of the areola,etc...

Not sure how that is a problem. I have used this website and I think Dr. Bermant, Jachobs advice on questions to ask. So are you saying that these supporting doctors are giving people bad advice on questions to ask and evaluate doctors such as asking for before and after pictures to knowledge of number of gynecomastia surgeries performed in a typical year?

I asked to be contacted via email however they called me instead. This seems like a system setup from their side not mine.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member

I don't follow?

I send them a message via their website asking to explain the doctor technique, the types of scars which can be expected from this kind of surgery, if the incisions are blended into the edge of the areola,etc...

Not sure how that is a problem. I have used this website and I think Dr. Bermant, Jachobs advice on questions to ask. So are you saying that these supporting doctors are giving people bad advice on questions to ask and evaluate doctors such as asking for before and after pictures to knowledge of number of gynecomastia surgeries performed in a typical year?

I asked to be contacted via email however they called me instead. This seems like a system setup from their side not mine.

Hi Dink,

I spent decades in the group health consulting and software design and production.  We, the consulting firm, had to report to the trustees, all about the complaints, malpractice (not legal aspects) and fraud and find out why nobody would go to Dr X and so on.  Something even about how you are saying it makes it look like sort of a defensive chip on the shoulder, maybe because of all the grief that gyne has caused you.

For other problems, I started interviewing the doctors instead of starting with me consulting them.  It was cheaper and I didn't have all the side effects of nonworking meds.  It didn't succeed either at finding a doc who understood my problems.  It was strike 100+, no hits, no runs, all errors.  At some point I became constantly irritated. It is a neuropsyc symptom of the complex deficiencies I had. Also I was in a lot of pain all the time and I was running out of patience getting a load of BS and runaround for years.  It showed in the way I talked to the docs, pretty contemptuously at times. 

Anybody there could see it, or maybe hear it.

I had to learn how to speak with doctors all over again to get rid of my "fraud sniffer" aroma after getting out of the business.

Offline Dlink

• Bronze Member

The doctor's office said that this picture was one of the early cases and since this the doctor has evolved their method to not include this horizontal incision.

Well, that is a relief, still kind of crazy they would put this as a featured picture when their style would not allow the result with a more inconspicuous scar.

Thanks.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center

I spent decades in the group health consulting and software design and production.  We, the consulting firm, had to report to the trustees, all about the complaints, malpractice (not legal aspects) and fraud and find out why nobody would go to Dr X and so on.  Something even about how you are saying it makes it look like sort of a defensive chip on the shoulder, maybe because of all the grief that gyne has caused you.

For other problems, I started interviewing the doctors instead of starting with me consulting them.  It was cheaper and I didn't have all the side effects of nonworking meds.  It didn't succeed either at finding a doc who understood my problems.  It was strike 100+, no hits, no runs, all errors.  At some point I became constantly irritated. It is a neuropsyc symptom of the complex deficiencies I had. Also I was in a lot of pain all the time and I was running out of patience getting a load of BS and runaround for years.  It showed in the way I talked to the docs, pretty contemptuously at times. 

Anybody there could see it, or maybe hear it.

I had to learn how to speak with doctors all over again to get rid of my "fraud sniffer" aroma after getting out of the business.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine became a "problem patient" at her dermatologist's office, and no one else wanted to see her as a patient.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024