Author Topic: Reversed if hormones are treated?  (Read 2481 times)

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
I've had gyne to some degree as long as I can remember. How self conscious about it I am has only increased over the last year, however I've always been somewhat self conscious about it, so that tells me it's been around to a degree for many years.
I'm 28, 5'10" and about 165lb.

I went to see an endo a few weeks ago, got lab tests and it revealed low T and high E levels, but still within "range".
Basically the T was that of a 100 yr old man, and the E was a 47 on a scale of like 13-54.
Second test T was still low but the E was much more in range at 22.

That being said- if I'm put on TRT and my E levels are closely watched, is it possible with time my gyne will get a bit smaller to where I'm comfortable with it, or is surgery the ONLY WAY OUT.

I really don't want surgery, but I'm going to do whatever it takes to live my life to the fullest. Even though surgery would be letting it get the best of me, I could move on with life without it and be happier...

Anyway- please no guessing. Is there any evidence that treating low T and possibly high in range E can reduce gyne??

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If the growth has become stabilized, Hormonal treatment will not reduce it.

Hormone treatments need to be monitored by an endocrinologist and they can be successful at reducing recent growth that has not yet stabilized and also these treatments can stop the continued growth.
Grandpa Dan

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
This is very frustrating. The doctor still hasn't gotten back to me with the plan or any desire to follow up- he's out of town now.
Spoke with the nurse and said she looked at my results on his desk and he circled a few numbers and added notes "normal" "low-normal" etc.

360 on a scale of 250-1100 seems pretty low to me especially considering I'm only 28 years old and otherwise is pretty decent shape.

Any tips?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Be patient and wait to hear from the Dr. This has gone on for a long time and another week or two will not make any significant difference.

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
Update- had my follow up with the endocrinologist today. He suggested we try T gel for 3 months and see how it goes.
Since my level was "normal" however low on the scale- he said I don't require it, but very well may see improvement in my symptoms of feeling fatigued, weak, lessened libido, poor muscle development, etc. He even said it's possible that the gynecomastia may reduce a bit.

I suppose now I get 3 more months of trying this before I can even consider surgery. Hopefully, and I PRAY that the T gel gives me enough energy to get my ass back in the gym. If so- I may be able to get into a decent shape without needing surgery. I suppose it depends on how much it has an impact on my energy levels.

Offline gynocamastiaman

• Posting Member
Any growth in the breast induced by hormone imbalance that is more than 6 months old, is not reversible and the growth will remain.
Getting the hormone imbalance corrected will stop any further growth.   

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024