Author Topic: I m 20 and totally mad with it, need help......  (Read 3482 times)

Offline jacky

• Posting Member
I am 20 yrs old and having gynecomastia from 6-7 yrs.
i am not obese,no drug addiction,no smoking or drinking,and a straight guy.
i am really confused how to treat this condition,
but i know one thing that i will not let this thing ruin my entire life,
but a medication or surgery i am not sure.
i havent told my parents about this.
there are so many problems that i face coz of it right from wearing t-shirt in the morning,in school,hanging out with friends and what not...
my life has turned in a hell,with this fear and shame with me every time.
i really need some help, suggestions....
regards

Offline jmac45

I understand where you are coming from. For over 20 years I've suffered from this condition and just today I scheduled my surgery to correct this problem I've been living with. I can't tell you how many times I've lied to people so I can avoid taking my shirt off at pools, beaches, and just wearing tighter shirts. The good thing to know is there is help avaiable you just have to decide to take the next step in correcting the condition. Don't let it to continue to control your everyday life. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
1,  Your first line confuses me. It is unusual for Gynecomastia to start at the age of six to seven. Maybe you meant you've had it for six to seven years. That too would be odd because it would put the onset at the age of 14 or more. The usual age for onset of Gynecomastia is eleven or twelve.

2,  The condition is an embarrassment to people of all body types. Obesity, drugs, and alcohol make the condition only slightly more common and sexual preferences makes no difference at all.

3,  There is no treatment for the condition unless there is pathology involved and that is very rare for young men. You may be surprised to learn that the condition is actually so common that it is often thought to be statistically normal. It is not a disease.

4,  You will find depictions of Gynecomastia in the art of ancient Egypt and the statuary of Greece and Rome. It is nothing new and it will not ruin your life.

5,  Your parents may not need to be told. They probably already know and have said nothing to avoid embarrassing you. All you need is to open the subject.

6,  Why should you feel any shame over something that is totally outside of your control? It can be an embarrassment, nothing more than that.

There are guys here who are living with the condition and getting by quite well. They can offer clues to help hide the condition. There are some really good surgeons who communicate with the site and they can be of great help. Surgery is safe and effective, it is the only way to get rid of the condition. There are a variety of bogus cures available but they are a waste of your money.

Welcome to the site, We are all here for the same reason so feel free to speak your mind.
Grandpa Dan

Offline jacky

• Posting Member

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I am 20 yrs old and having gynecomastia from 6-7 yrs.
i am not obese,no drug addiction,no smoking or drinking,and a straight guy.
i am really confused how to treat this condition,
but i know one thing that i will not let this thing ruin my entire life,
but a medication or surgery i am not sure.
i havent told my parents about this.
there are so many problems that i face coz of it right from wearing t-shirt in the morning,in school,hanging out with friends and what not...
my life has turned in a hell,with this fear and shame with me every time.
i really need some help, suggestions....
regards

Hi Jacky,

I had some of the biggest breasts in junior high.  It was hell.  High school was far better but still some problems.  My story is somewhere or other, acceptance I think.  In college I started going out with the girl who had founded the school's nudist club.  Got out of college, got clobbered by a guy running a red light and breasts faded far from mattering most of the time.  I been going to nudist clubs for 20 years or so now.  I got rid of body shame so now it is just a cosmic joke.  Besides, by my age the cumulative incidence is more than 50%.  A nudist club is the only place you will see how common it is because no body is hiding.  I'm just one of many guys.  With a D or DD set, depending upon weight, I still have got the biggest set at the club amongst the men. 

I wear t-shirts, go swimming even at public pools, garden and cut the lawn shirtless on hot days.  I don't hunch over as that is all too easy to become permanent at my age.  I keep the best posture I can for my back's sake.  I don't wear anything to compress or hide them.  I accepted that for 101 other reasons I was never going to fit anybodies best looking man definition.  At a nudist club you can discover that every body is pretty ordinary and each as unique as a face.  Nobody I have ever met is 100% happy with their body.  You can let it all hang out as they say when you hang out there.  Have fun.

Offline jacky

• Posting Member
I talked to my father, "i already knew the problem but never mentioned or spoke a word to you just to avoid you getting embarrassed ",he said
good, difficult part is done
now to find a doctor.
what should be the qualification or the experience of the doctor to whom i will be consulting,
and also plz tell me which treatment should i take,
is there any name of the latest technology that is used for this surgery that i should ask to the doctor as whether he is having it or not.
PERSONS,doctors,friends,or who had the surgery if having any information about this plz do reply...

Offline hojo1234

Good for you. Where are you from? Pope in Orlando and Jacobs in NYC are very active here and have phenomenal reputations, use the doctor search on the homepage to find one nearest you. You will most likely need excision and lipo.. use the search function, read, read, read more, then ask questions. Goodluck.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Jacky,

Thank you for taking me seriously about talking to your parents. I am glad I was right, but the most important thing is that you now have family support.

Please now be good enough to post the details of the talk you had with your parents. Far too many lads suffer in silence when help is so close.

Offline jacky

• Posting Member
sure i can tell it

It was sunday, father was home
before it let me tell u that my father catch my feelings with just a view of mine, not even my mom can do it.
so it goes...
by just the idea of telling him everything,i didn't have a good sleep last night,i was out from bed early.
in morning i was just waiting for mum to leave him alone in the bedroom finally i got the chance...
i entered, he was still in bed,i went aside him sat on bed and just said
"dad i wanna say something"
he turned around and looked at me,he wasn't asleep..
i was trapped he figured there was something and know he wont let me go without saying it.
say about 40-50 sec later i said "gynecomastia".
and then starting speaking meanwhile he slowly grabbed me softly with his arm and that was all needed to gain confidence.
after that flood of words he said that he and my mum knew it already but never spoke to me thinking i might get depress or feel embarrassed.
and he said u r at present 20 if u would have not spoken about it in a couple of months then my parents were deciding to raise the topic by themselves
so at last it was done there was no need to ask would he'l let me have d surgery it was obvious...he will

so if u r planning to say it to your parents have this in mind that if outsiders can notice your posture because of which this problem is all about,the persons u r thinking to speak is ur parents they definitely know
it just start the talk they'l end it to SMILE

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024