Author Topic: What's a good lie?  (Read 3198 times)

Offline usb905

• Posting Member
A bad thing to ask ...

but what's a good lie to cover up going in for surgery?

Something reasonable that could justify a day or two off work.  I don't intend to tell  my employer that I'm going in to "get my boobs done".  Any suggestions?

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
You don't have any obligation to tell you boss your personal business.

Just tell him you need a few days off to tend to some personal matters.

End of story.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
You don't have any obligation to tell you boss your personal business.

Just tell him you need a few days off to tend to some personal matters.

End of story.

100% Agreed!

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
I just say I'm having something else fixed, like knee or shoulder surgery.

Offline dav242

• Bronze Member
Tear in the pectoralis major that needs to be repaired.  This way, people expect you to have surgery and recover (you're not expected to be physically able to do some things.)

hey that's a really good one. not only does it explain why the chest is sore and why you've got all this chest gauze and have to wear a compression vest, it also makes it sound like you did something really intense and cool (like, worked out so much that you tore your pecs up or gave it 110% on the field and ended up with a sports-type injury)

i definitely gotta use this one!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 09:10:55 PM by dav242 »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
This question comes up every once in a while. One of the better responses I thought presented was: "Had a growth removed. Not to worry though, it was not malignant. Thanks for your concern."

This allows you to be honest even if slightly misleading.  The beauty of an honest answer is that you do not need to recall what was said to whom. If a blatantly false answer is given, You may trip yourself up at a later date.
Grandpa Dan

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member

hey that's a really good one. not only does it explain why the chest is sore and why you've got all this chest gauze and have to wear a compression vest, it also makes it sound like you did something really intense and cool (like, worked out so much that you tore your pecs up or gave it 110% on the field and ended up with a sports-type injury)

i definitely gotta use this one!

I agree that's an excellent lie.

Offline lafilip

• Posting Member
Hey man,

I used this one:

Tear in the pectoralis major from lifting (if you lift) that needs to be repaired.  This way, people expect you to have surgery and recover (you're not expected to be physically able to do some things.)

No one seemed to think anything of it, never questioned me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024