Author Topic: What does acceptance mean to you?  (Read 16372 times)

Maxx

Okay. That is good info, thanks for sharing.
HerRoom calculates my size to be 44G. There is no way that is right. I have alot of underarm fat/boob. While i could pull it forward I suppose to fill the cups, I still think that would be gigantic. I am going to start with 42C/D and see how that works.

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
I started with the Leading Lady 110 front close leisure bra, and the 44A/B works for me.  I actually bought it online from Leading Lady (also great to work with), but Herroom carries it, too.  I have also found the Fruit of the Loom Extreme Comfort #9292 underwire to be great, because the cups stretch to fit your breasts.  Those are available at WalMart and from Herroom.

Be sure to check out Herroom's "Know Your Breasts" feature.  It might help you narrow down your best bra by helping you know what types of bras might work best for your particular shape.  I've even used Herroom's "live chat" a few times to get specific questions answered.  I told them I have gynecomastia and they have been extremely helpful and professional.

Offline buffaloken

I've had breasts for years and it's never bothered me, perhaps because they've grown slowly over the years and I've gotten used to them.  Several years ago, when I was just barely a C cup, I had looked into the idea of having them removed, but when I found out they weren't just fatty tissue, but actual breasts, I thought better of it. 
I've worn a bra since I was just a B cup and can't imagine not wearing one.  The comfort alone is worth it, though I do hate the underwire.
Now I'm a D+ and they're very prominent.  They're not like the pictures I've seen of other men with gynecomastia.  Mine are fuller.
When I lost a lot of weight, the breasts didn't get smaller at all, but just more prominent.  Some people stare, but that's their problem.  I'm quite sure that if I got rid of them, I'd miss them.  They're part of me, part of who I am.  My wife's always been supportive of them and was the one to talk me out of surgery when I was having doubts.

Offline Ellicopter

acceptance to me is me growing and learning to love and appreciate my breasts, to not be afraid to take off my shirt, to not be afraid of what anyone else has to say, To not be hung up on oh no I cant get a girl cause she will see my boobs and leave. 
yeah and They sort of fit into my xdressing habit really well, so yeah love my boobs hate my body hair

hammer

Hey, you know I lost my testicles after having problems with a vasectomy and I lost most of my body hair including the hair under my armpits! But I'm not a xdresser, so it didn't do me any good and I thank God I can still grow a full beard so these 46H's don't make me look like a fat ugly old woman! Instead I look like a white  breaded old man with big breast. I've even been asked to join the Santa's with real beards club.

Anyway, I just thought I let you know a great way to get rid of your body hair!

Offline Jin

• Posting Member
It is what it is. We are all shaped differently.  Some of us go bald, others can't tan, and some have to suffer thru life with a flat chest!

aboywithgirls

Acceptance to me, means, making no appologies for wearing a bra And liking how you look and feel when you wear a bra. Its not only accepting the fact that you have breasts and wear a bra. Acceptance is spending an entire day bra shopping with your wife and your wife is the waiting patiently while the fitter brings selections for you to try on.   Its also about being secure enough to go to the boutique and try on 30+ bras and have the fitter critque how the bra looks or fits. Acceptance of my breasts means that I take the same care and responsibilities that a woman does with hers. Wear a good suppotive bra, preform regular self breast exams, annual mammograms and sonograms.  

Offline Jlt83e

• Posting Member
Accepting gyn ,means I'm alive, no cancer,taking nurishment, I will see tomorow, like joe dirt says (keep  on keeping on) , it could be a heck of alot worse than gyn.

Offline Seanodonovan

• Posting Member
Accepting gyn ,means I'm alive, no cancer,taking nurishment, I will see tomorow, like joe dirt says (keep  on keeping on) , it could be a heck of alot worse than gyn.

Basically I am with Jlt83 on this.  There is no point in fighting the inevitable.

WINTER

I sit and watch the winter rain come drifting 'cross the hills
and though I really can't complain  I count those minor ills
that serve as a reminder of the passing years.

I find it hard to sit or stand without a grunt or sigh
the liverspots upon my hand increase as time goes by
to serve as a reminder of the passing years

I find it harder every day to climb a set of stairs
and yet compared to some I'd say I have but minor cares
that serve as a reminder of the passing years.

Some parts of me don't work too well but then they never did
I sometimes think it's just as well those parts are always hid
though they are still reminders of the passing years.

Through marriage and divorce I've passed but now I seem to find
that pains and pleasures never last so really I don't mind
they're just two more reminders of the passing years.

Some day my tale of years must cease, I'd hope that death is kind
and comes as merciful release so that at last I find
I need no more reminders of the passing years.

hammer

Seanodonovan, that says it all for many of us seniors here on the forum! I still try to get out and enjoy life as much as possible and not let disability or age stop me! I'm sure the hell not going to let a couple bumps on my chest stop me from enjoying life either!

That was a very nicely written post!

aboywithgirls

Well said Hammer. 
Acceptance for me may vary slightly from others here. I was already at a point in my teens when I had boobs large enough to benefit from a bra. I was already a 36D when I graduated from high school. It was tough growing up with a nickname of "breasts".
I have had opportunities for surgery since but, they don't cause me dysphoria. What I really boils down to with me is that my breasts or boobs or breasts or whatever else we call them are a part of me. I'm living proof that a man can and does function just fine as a man with a full rack. As long as I have a good bra that is comfortable and provides good support I'm keeping mine!

Offline Busty

To me, it means feeling about my breasts and wearing bras the same as a woman does.

Offline Johndoe1

Acceptance for me is being able to look at my body and not hating what I see. Acceptance is also doing what I want to do in life and not worrying about what others might say or think. If I need support for my breast tissue then so be it.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Seanodonovan

• Posting Member
Seanodonovan, that says it all for many of us seniors here on the forum! I still try to get out and enjoy life as much as possible and not let disability or age stop me! I'm sure the hell not going to let a couple bumps on my chest stop me from enjoying life either!

That was a very nicely written post!

Thank you for the compliment.  I am a dilettante philosopher and I try to take a philosophical view on life.  I have always sampled everything life had to offer me (and still do) to the limits of my physical capacity so that for instance when a child I learned to play the clarinet but, having little or no musical talent, gave it up as a bad job!

Maxx

Been 3 years since i replied to this thread. I think i am closer to acceptance. Still refuse to get surgery just so other people think i look more "normal".

I have moved into the bra thing a little more, but still resist.

It is people i know rejecting me more, than people I dont know making fun of me that worries me I guess. Sometimes I am strong and dont care. Sometimes I feel more vulnerable.

Maybe total acceptance will forever elude me. Either way, life is good and I just keep on living with a heart of gratitude. I know things can be much worse than a set of boobs.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024