Author Topic: who to choose  (Read 1790 times)

miamivice

I'm getting revision surgery done before years end and I've boiled down my chose to two doctors and those two are Dr. Pope in Orlando and Dr. Roudner. Both have agreed that excision plus lipo is the best approach and both when asked said the way they prevent nipple cave in is by leaving a small amount of gland behind. The issue here is Dr.Pope is about 275 miles away and Dr. Roudner is about 25 miles away. There is a substantial cost difference between the two also roughly $2,000 in favor of Dr. Roudner. Has anyone here ever used Dr. Roudner with success.

FYIs

Both surgeons perform surgery in AAAASF facility
Both surgeons have agreed to do it under Twilight sedation
Roudner had less before and after pics than Pope
Roudner mentioned post op drains, Pope did not

The most educated decision here would be to go with Dr.Pope but I have a gut feeling that Dr. Roudner would do just as good of a job as Dr.Pope.

Any suggestions/advice. Dr. Pope don't be shy chime in if you wish ;D

Offline marti006

Any update on who you went with? I'm in the Ft. Lauderdale area and I couldn't find a surgeon either for a while. I saw some in Aventura but I wasn't sure about them. I found one surgeon in Sunrise that I was comfortable with, Dr. Garramone, but I talked myself out of the surgery last summer and spent the 5k on a euro trip instead hahah. It's a constant battle of just moving on and spending the money on something else, especially in this bad economy, versus, just throwing down for surgery and finally getting this done. My case isn't even that bad, which makes it worse. All that money for some gland excision.

I also considered Dr. Pope a while back but I rather do it locally. I'm not telling anyone about this, keeping it private so I have to drive myself, take care of myself, etc. I rather be recovering 20 minutes from family, just in case anything goes wrong.

miamivice

I haven't had the revision done yet but I'll probably have it done by Dr.Pope. Like you I don't plan on telling too many folks about my procedure and will pretty much be taking care of myself postop so I too would have preferred to go with a local Doctor, but after spending 5k already on my first unsuccessful procedure I'd rather go through the hassle of traveling back and forth a few times to get this sh*t done right. FYI: Spirits has $30 dollar flight to Orlando, which is less than I would pay to drive up to see Dr.Pope (sh*t when I went to do my consultation with him I paid $30 in round trip turnpike tolls). If I were you I wouldn't even waste my time or money with any local doctors, the doctors down here are a bunch of Botox peddlers who have very little experience with gynecomastia.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024