Author Topic: endocrinologist - has it ever worked for anyone?  (Read 2931 times)

Offline whoknows

• Posting Member
Has anyone heard of someone going to the endocrinologist and getting the problem fixed hormonally?

ie. if you have hypogonadism and the underlying cause is treated

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
fixing a hormonal problem will not reverse growth that has already occurred

Offline whoknows

• Posting Member
even if you catch it earlier enough?

my thinking is if I can make it worse in 3 days with OTC stuff then there is still potential for it to get better in X amount of days? lol

*me waits for no* :(

going to start picking surgeon I guess. scarring = scary

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I have secondary hypogonadism , I found this out after a visit to the endocrinologist. Just over a year on from starting treatment, and about 5 months into weight training etc... the gyne is much much improved. But mostly from losing the fat, the gland won't go away without surgical intervention I'm afraid!! But that shouldn't stop you training to improve it whilst waiting/saving for surgery.

Offline peshay

• Posting Member
Saw an endo two days ago and asked him to prescribe Letrozole he said he wouldn't; he said if you can get it give it a go but I'm not prescribing - gutless moron.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
I'd rather have a scar and give up my left nut rather than have gyne.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

DrBermant

Has anyone heard of someone going to the endocrinologist and getting the problem fixed hormonally?

ie. if you have hypogonadism and the underlying cause is treated

Dealing with an underlying problem causing gynecomastia or drugs that cause male breast growth can remove the source of stimulation preventing further growth.  What happens to remaining breast tissue that has already grown depends on how long the tissue has been there, how much has grown, and other factors.  Yes, I have seen patients that after removing short term stimulation, their gynecomastia resolved without surgery.  I have seen other patients, who do not address such issues who have had recurrence and breast growth after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024