Author Topic: Hair loss and Gynecomastia  (Read 10136 times)

Offline sunny007

• Posting Member
I have both problems Hair loss and gynecomastia.
Hair loss started at the age of 20.
gyno started at the age of 13.
still both are present.
if i treat hairloss with dht inhibitor (finasteride), it worsen the gyno .
and if i treat gyno by increasing testo or dht ,i get bald completely.
only tamoxifen can be used.
 >:(so, where to start ? ???

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
do these testosterone supplement pills and patches really make people (you) go bald?

Offline sunny007

• Posting Member
yes
because in male pattern baldness Dht is the main culprit.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I'd rather be a chrome-dome than have gynecomastia.... ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I suspect that most would agree with GB. Certainly I do.

Because "Male Pattern Baldness" is a condition associated with a Virile Adult Male, Knowledgeable females often find it to be a turn on.

A full head of hair is associated with boyishness or even a lack of Virility by some gals.

It is true that some women want a guy with a full head of hair, But I would tend to wonder why.

Grandpa Dan

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
It is true that some women want a guy with a full head of hair, But I would tend to wonder why.

probably feels better against their thighs...

as for the baldness/gyne relation: high levels of the androgen DHT will make you more prone to MPB; however this doesn't necessarily have anything to do with gyne. gyne can develope from a number of different hormonal situations, and if you have high levels of DHT AND suffer from gyne, trying to treat the DHT with finasteride (but not treating any elevated estro/prolactin levels) will only lower your androgen:estrogen ratio making the gyne worse. perhaps you have sufficient levels of estrodiol and or prolactin to induce gyne, but your androgen level is enough to keep your androgen/estro ratio close to normal. maybe one of these is only slightly elevated, but your IGF levels are high enough that in combination you're ripe to develop gyne... could be a lot of things.  there may be correlation between guys with MPB & gyne, but trying to determine causation will be very hard to do b/c there are so many independent variables to try to account for beyond just elevated DHT (which in and of itself shouldn't contribute to gyne)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think that ,for most of us, breast growth is an event. Usually an event long in the past and not due to present conditions. The breasts are no longer growing. They do not represent present conditions.

Balding is more of a current and ongoing condition. As such, Balding is an indicator of the present glandular condition. Hence, to some at least, an indicator of virility.

God made a limited quantity of perfect heads, The rest he keeps hidden under a lot of hair.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 11:51:07 PM by Paa_Paw »

Offline Plarkin

• Bronze Member
As someone with both baldness and gyne, I'd rather have just the gyne, if I could chose just one. Baldness is a lifelong fight and rarely does one 100 percent win with transplants, toupees, drugs or whatever courses you decide. But with gyne, surgery, and you can very likely be 100 percent "normal" again.

Offline Clandestine

• Bronze Member
My hairline has been receding for a couple of years now, and I can't say it's bothered me.

It's not a major issue, and the recession is quite minor, just slight recession at the temples and a more "V shaped" hairline. On the official Norwood scale, I'd say I'm now a NW2. I've not noticed any more recession recently, IE in the last 6 months so maybe that's my mature natural hairline.

Either way, if more falls out, I'll get the clippers out, sod it. Less to wash, less to style in the morning. Literally just Wash & Go  ;D

If only I gould shave awat my gyne....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024