Author Topic: Long journey  (Read 2770 times)

Offline chiguy10

• Posting Member
I am now in my late 60's and have been a gyno sufferer my whole life.
Never, never took my shirt off in public.
I have finally decided to have surgery this November.
Been losing weight and trying to eat healthy in anticipation of the big event.
Unlike many I see here I actually have pronounced breasts.
No matter the outcome my attitude is it can't be any worse than it's been.
Whatever time I have left on this earth I want to spend it as comfortably as possible--physically and mentally.

hammer

I'm in my late 50's and have lived with gyno all my life! Served my country 11 years with breast, had my own businesses with breast ended up going through 8 surgeries. 3 major back 2 total knee replacement the rest minor, but NO double mastectomy! Now due to health issues I've got large breast that require a 46H bra to support, but I've learn to accept, my wife and kids accept and support me, as there are so many things in life that are so much more important, like grandkids, goodhealth, and if your feeling down, just look at the kids at St. Jude medical center and having a little extra breast tissue and fat on the chest is no big deal to handle as a man!

But that's just me I guess!

What's next for you, a Corvette?

Offline chiguy10

• Posting Member
No Hammer I'll not be getting a Corvette.
Each man's journey is his own.
We all approach things differently.
I've been blessed with excellent health and I'm grateful for this opportunity so late in life.
It's been a long time coming.
I adhere to the philosophy that tells us "accept the things you cannot change and have the courage to change the things you can."
Thanks to this forum and the good doctors that work on these issues I've finally screwed up enough courage to take action.
I'm sorry for your health troubles.
God Bless.

hammer

Best of luck to you, God bless.

Bob

Offline chifer

• Posting Member
I also had very pronounced breasts (standing out 5 cm) and I am glad I got rid of them with 30. I wish you all the best for your surgery and hope it will turn out as well for you as it has (so far) to me!

Offline nasa3

• Silver Member
  • kill this thing and skip rope with its intestines
Who's doing your surgery 
Bilateral liposuction 5/20/02 FINAL SURGERY 1-13-15 DR NEIL FINE CHICAGO NORTHWESTERN MEMORIAL

Offline chiguy10

• Posting Member
After exhaustive research I've decided to go with Dr. Delgado.
I chatted with the founder of this forum a while back and found we had similar chest situations.
He provided me with before and after photos and a general outline as to how to proceed.
One of the major issues is weight loss. I started in 2012 and now have lost in the neighborhood of 50 pounds. Started at 268, now 218. I'm about 6'1". Still have a few to go but things are fairly stable.
Plan now is to go ahead with surgery in November and then reassess.

Offline chiguy10

• Posting Member
Thanks for the good wishes.

Offline LH617

• Posting Member
Good job on the weight loss!

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
You are so right when you said each person has their own journey. Congratulations on moving forward with gynecomastia correction. 
You are in good hands!
Dr. C
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I am now 79 years old and I have had this since the age of 12.   It has been a source of embarrassment at times, but I cannot say I have ever suffered as a result of it. 
I also have great difficulty understanding people who are depressed since that is not something that I personally ever had to deal with.
If something annoys me, I find the easiest thing to do is to ignore that which I do not like. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline chiguy10

• Posting Member
Thanks Dr. Cruise.
Any and all encouragement gratefully accepted ...and appreciated!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024