Author Topic: im still hurting...what do i do?  (Read 3710 times)

Offline iki4life

• Posting Member
im 4 days post op, and it seems like my healing process is much slower than others...the doc took out 900cc fluid altogether from both sides, and it hurts like a biaaatch...
ive been taking vidocin for pain and multivitamins for faster healing.. what can i do?

Offline Jdowg

• Bronze Member
Im sure some people heal faster than others. Before/after my surgery i took a shitload of protein, vitamins, etc so i could heal alot faster, and it only took me 2 days post op to get off any type of pain pills. Im sure it will come around, it can take months for it to fully heal.

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
You shouldn't have constant stinging pain, it should only be very tender and hurt if you bump it or move too much. If you are experiencing contant pain, see your doctor or PS immediately, it might be an infection.

If it's just tender, that will last up to a few weeks, and it will probably still be difficult to even dress yourself for up to a week.

Offline iki4life

• Posting Member
well i do feel a stinging pain, but i dont know if thats from my compression vest or due the brusing...
i think its more because of the vest but i have a doctors appointment in 2 more days.
also, the whole area itches too. i dont know if thats normal or not

Offline JTFiveG

• Posting Member
The itching is most likely from wearing the compression garment and it rubbing on your skin.

I had the same thing happen. I took a shower, replaced the bandages, put on a cotton T-shirt over the bandages, and then put the compression garment over the T-shirt.

This is what helped me. You will notice that you get itchy if you're sweating under there and if you don't shower for a day.

The little sharp pains along with numbness I experienced, think it's from the scare tissue building up.
Check out my surgery Pre and Post Op pics

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16185.0

Offline iki4life

• Posting Member
hey, thanks for the comment five...
im 4 days post op now and i post on this website everyday...well i kinda figured that the itching was probably due to the compression garment...i can move my arms about 35-45% of normal now...maybe more but i avoid it because im scared something might happen lol
however, after 4 days, i started driving today, and it was pretty okay, i guess. just worried about this so-called "scar tissue"..what exactly is it?

by the way, i had ultrasonic liposuction, in which usually no gland is removed, and the glandular tissue is converted into a fluid and then sucked out...it costs more, and i heard this procedure causes less bruising, swelling, pain, and loss of blood.

i cant sleep at night, AT ALL...i wake up about 3-4x a night to go to the bathroom or just sit upright because my back gets too exhausted from lying in a straight position for so long.

i hope this procedure will be well worth it...i opted for surgery too quick, and never really cared for the consequences...seems like now im paying for it  :-\

Offline Jezz

• Posting Member
i cant sleep at night, AT ALL...i wake up about 3-4x a night to go to the bathroom or just sit upright because my back gets too exhausted from lying in a straight position for so long.

Same here.  I'm having a hell of a time sleeping.  What I found helped was switching it up in the middle of the night.  I start the night out by sleeping flat (with 2 pillows).  Then when I inevitably wakeup, I put this massive pillow behind me - so I'm half-sitting upwards.  It helps because it's a change of position from the previous 3-4 hours of stiffness!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024