Author Topic: 3 days post op, in Prague... was it luck?  (Read 2545 times)

Offline dhillon88

I'm from the UK, and somehow decided to have my surgery in Prague solely based upon cost. So I had an email consultation with transfers of pictures, a surgeon was chosen for me best suited, i did my research and she seemed good. three days before my arrival in prague, my surgeon was changed, and through initial investigation he was much better qualified, a professer, a lecturer with successful citations and overall i was happy with the decision.

I have to say I was a bit out of my comfort zone, but from the moment I landed in Prague, I was transfered to my apartment (in city centre, really nice), my apartment had everything, cable TV with all the channels i loved in the UK, a laptop with internet (even though I bought my own), also a mobile phone. Next day i was again taken to the clinic, everyone was so professional, had my checks done. By midday I was free to go siteseeing, this city is really amazing and I can't wait until my gf arrives in a few days).

Ok, surgery day, went there nice and early, was put on the drip, having never been to hospital before (closest to this was my immunation jabs, lol). I had questions to ask about everything. The clinic was sooo clean, nurses so polite, and made me feel so welcome and special. I had consultation with my surgeon who kind of jus chucked the whole plan in the bin, he had my sonograph and told me I had no gland tissue. I was sooo close to saying, "ok, thank u very much, i'll be on my way and head for the gym". lol. But he sed, he can't do normal incision through the nipple cos there is jus too much skin and therefore the operation will not successful plus more risky. He wanted to leave me with scars under the breast, but sed he will move my nipples and I would be perfect. he sed he will also do lipo under armpits (no extra charge). I agreed, he seemed so trustworthy, no jokes no anything, he was serious, had such an important position so I trusted him. Within one hour, I had paid (just £2500 british money) and was in the operating theatre.

woke up after a 2hour procedure... the most pain i felt was something in my eye, after doing the nurse's head in all night about an eye lash in my eye, i relised it was from anesthetic. Surgeon came the next day, checked my drains, showed me and I almost cried looking at myself, it looked SO AMAZING. So flat and my case was very severe (this was so I was so shocked I didn't have the tissue). I could not stop thanking him. Anyway, i stayed two nights in the clinic, 24 hour care, the drains were bit sickening, but got used to it, i was bangaged tight, and was comfortable. food is nice, and the nurse's kept me company. books and tv, it was all there...

I back at the apartment now, wearing the vest... I am expecting two scars under the breast, but I don't care, it looks AMAZING. I will put photo's up. I have already tried on shirts which looked horrible before. I have to admit, this makes my belly look really big now, i need to get to the gym.

I can't help thinking about the luck. The previous surgeon may have done the nipple incision and no removal of the skin or reallocation of the nipple. Therefore I possibly would have been dissapoiinted. I truely did initially pick price over security (of a well known british surgoen), but this has ended up being a really pampered holiday, brilliant results and once my gf arrives, it will be the best 8 days of my life (outside of UK). and all for under 3grand (including my flights). thats not even 5000 US dollors.

I wouldnt reccomenend any1 do it the way i did it, cos wen i was on the aeroplane and wen i was in the consultation room I had nervous panik about whether i was doing the right thing, but Now i have to really praise my experience. I advise everyone to throroughly investigate the surgeon and not have one picked the way I did, I got lucky.

so now i'm expecting some swelling? or some scar tissue? I don't know, i didn't have the planned gyne procedure (incision through nipple and lipo), but more like a women breat lift (with incision under the breast, all of it was then opened, and everything removed down to my peck muscle). then lipo was done towards under my armpits and two drains. So what should I expect? my results to get worse and then improve?

The surgoen made clear me to "u are my patient, I would not want u to leave unless u have my go ahead". But I need to leave in 5 days, and get back to the UK, surely my GP can now give me the aftercare I need? I think i have mainly disolvable stiches, but he did mention some normal ones were used, can i get these removed from NHS hospital in UK, or shall i hang around in prague? My next post op is on monday and wana tell him something he wants to hear. I think I was successful in his eyes too, he wants to use my pictures and everything for his university. he sed he spent 2 hours on me until i looked perfect.

p.s. they even did all my grocery shopping for me

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
Wow dude. Looks like you really lucked out.

I'd suggest staying till the doc gives you the okay. He knows best what procedure you went through and what aftercare may be necessary.

Post some pics when you get a chance.   ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024