Author Topic: Dr. Harper of Peninsula Plastic Surgery Sydney  (Read 3857 times)

Offline Guildenstern

• Posting Member
Hi everyone,

I am making an appointment with Dr.Harper soon for a right side gynecomastia removal and was wondering if anyone could provide any postive/negative feedback of him.

His procedure is quoted at costing only $3,000 which is really affordable. His credentials on his website sound very qualified and reliable but I'm a little unsure of one of the post operation pictures on the website.

Any opinions of previous patients of his would be appreciated.
Thanks

Offline BrazenBerry

For full disclosure, I have not had gynecomastia surgery and have not had any direct experience with procedures relating to the condition. My advice is based on my own online research and advice given on this message board.

That being said, as well as getting a consultation with Dr. Harper, I would also suggest researching and possibly getting a consultation with a few other surgeons. The main reason I suggest this is that Dr. Harper's site only has three before-and-after shots from patients who had gynaecomastia surgery. It might be helpful looking for a surgeon who has plenty of before-and-after shots, and some including patients that have a similar condition to your own.

Do not rush yourself with gynaecomastia surgery. Be sure to conduct thorough research on potential surgeons and the procedure itself, and ensure you are going with a plastic surgeon (not general surgeon) who is board certified (ie. a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)).

If you want to post some more information about yourself (eg. age, weight, size, etc) and your condition, you should be able to get some more specific advice for your situation.

Edit: Ask Dr. Harper if he has any more before-and-after shots as he may not have all of them on his website. Also, search the message board for peoples' experiences with Dr. Harper and other surgeons that you may be considering.

Offline Guildenstern

• Posting Member
You're right, I've realised I am rushing this decision a bit and should probably ask the surgeon for more before and after pics. Someone in another thread mentioned that you should only consider a surgeon if he's performed at least 1 gynecomastia surgery a month for the past few years.

I'm relatively fit 80kg with minimal body fat, 21 years old, medium-large pecs. Any more advice on this surgeon would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline helloitsme

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024